Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well guys, I learned my lesson. I got busted for street racing tonight. And I was only going 45 or 50 (definately no more than 50) in a 35. I went up to the KFC on 12th to meet my friend who was getting off work at the time. He has an 03 WRX and just put an exhaust on it, so I went to check it out. Sounded pretty awesome... he says to follow him home and we can mess with it some more. So we pull out onto Alameda and the lights green and he starts revving and floors it.. so i floored it too. STUPID MISTAKE. Ive never been comfortable doing that shit especially that late at night on Alameda, but I wasnt gonna let a WRX blow by me.. eh... whatever... I hit the brakes around 45-50 and get to the light at Porter and wait for the arrow. We turn left and he takes off again, this time I just kind of wait back and he blows by me. Next thing I know theres a cop next to me, cussing at me to 'pull over right now before you kill someone' Shining his flashlight in my face, Im such a weenie I could barely say a word. They even called a 2nd cop car in for backup. He tells me to get my license out so i take my seatbelt off to get my wallet and then he says "and i see y oure not wearing your seatbelt either, are you trying to kill someone or yourself tonight?" Then I couldnt find my insurance card in my glovebox because I was all shaken up and I couldnt see with 2 flashlights shining in my face. Then he says "You have 20 seconds to get me that insurance or Im going to state that you dont have it. I aint got all night." I finally found it and 20 minutes and another cop car later he hands me my ticket and tells me I just 'earned' myself 5 points on my license and to slow down before I kill someone tonight. WHAT A FUCKING DICK! Meanwhile the other cop is pointing a flashlight in my passengers face.

So the moral of the story is: Norman cops are dicks, Im a moron and Im probably going to have to sell the car because I barely afford the insurance now as it is, I cant imagine what it will be after they get wind of this ticket. The bullshit thing is, they didnt even clock me on radar. All that fucker heard was our exhausts and my tires chirping in second. :flame: :flame:

Anyone want to buy an 04 E-blue? Its in perfect condition. :crying:

·
Registered
387 Posts
spaced said:
Well guys, I learned my lesson. I got busted for street racing tonight. And I was only going 45 or 50 (definately no more than 50) in a 35. I went up to the KFC on 12th to meet my friend who was getting off work at the time. He has an 03 WRX and just put an exhaust on it, so I went to check it out. Sounded pretty awesome... he says to follow him home and we can mess with it some more. So we pull out onto Alameda and the lights green and he starts revving and floors it.. so i floored it too. STUPID MISTAKE. Ive never been comfortable doing that shit especially that late at night on Alameda, but I wasnt gonna let a WRX blow by me.. eh... whatever... I hit the brakes around 45-50 and get to the light at Porter and wait for the arrow. We turn left and he takes off again, this time I just kind of wait back and he blows by me. Next thing I know theres a cop next to me, cussing at me to 'pull over right now before you kill someone' Shining his flashlight in my face, Im such a weenie I could barely say a word. They even called a 2nd cop car in for backup. He tells me to get my license out so i take my seatbelt off to get my wallet and then he says "and i see y oure not wearing your seatbelt either, are you trying to kill someone or yourself tonight?" Then I couldnt find my insurance card in my glovebox because I was all shaken up and I couldnt see with 2 flashlights shining in my face. Then he says "You have 20 seconds to get me that insurance or Im going to state that you dont have it. I aint got all night." I finally found it and 20 minutes and another cop car later he hands me my ticket and tells me I just 'earned' myself 5 points on my license and to slow down before I kill someone tonight. WHAT A FUCKING DICK! Meanwhile the other cop is pointing a flashlight in my passengers face.

So the moral of the story is: Norman cops are dicks, Im a moron and Im probably going to have to sell the car because I barely afford the insurance now as it is, I cant imagine what it will be after they get wind of this ticket. The bullshit thing is, they didnt even clock me on radar. All that fucker heard was our exhausts and my tires chirping in second. :flame: :flame:

Anyone want to buy an 04 E-blue? Its in perfect condition. :crying:
Norman cops are dicks I agree.
Take that shit to court though, you can atleast get the charges reduced or maybe probation and a slap on the wrist.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Did he stop your buddy in the WRX too? Who was you racing if he didn't? You have to fight it no matter what it costs. I was charged for wreckless, and got it reduced to speeding 1-10, but it cost me.

·
Registered
696 Posts
qwkslvr04 said:
Eh fight that shit homie. No radar? Bye bye ticket.
They can give you an "Unauthorized Speed Contest" ticket for any speed, and they certainly do NOT need to have you clocked. I should know, I have one pending :p

I got a lawyer to try to reduce the charge.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Damn dude...Where have you been? I'm the black one that rolls past KFC everyday in fact I'm about to roll past it in 10 minutes. Sorry bout the ticket. I live off 12th and lindsey in Springfield Apartments. I have yet to have police problems yet. My roommate though who borrowed my car and speed through the interesection of Classen/Lindsey and the cops followed him into our parking lot no sirens...Two cops..He got out of the car cops told him to get back in the car...They started to search my car for like 30 minutes I had a lot of ish in it. Then they found my bleeder valve and thought it was a piece pipe..I came outside and told them to get the fuck out of my car....Show me a warrant to search my car. They backed out and wrote him a ticket. But yea that is the only experience I have so far with Norman PD.

I know about the insurance...But damn dude.. 5 points? I dunno. What does the ticket say? Get the ticket and call the insurance company. They can quote you the change. Hopefully it's not to bad. But thats why we save that ish for the highway and the track.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Redsled said:
Did he stop your buddy in the WRX too? Who was you racing if he didn't? You have to fight it no matter what it costs. I was charged for wreckless, and got it reduced to speeding 1-10, but it cost me.

Nope, thats whats bullshit about it. I slammed on the brakes at 45 mph barely in 2nd gear and my friend blew by me in his WRX probably around 55 or 60. We made it to the light at classen turning left and sat there at least 20 seconds. It turned green and I took off like normal, and the WRX blew past me again. Then I see his ass way up the road going 50 probably, and there I am getting cussed at by a cop through my window from the drivers side, and Im only going the speed limit. I dunno why the fuck he didnt pull my friend over. He was going way faster and we were at that light so he had plenty of time to catch up. I just got it because my car is flashier and my friend was already way up the road and the cop was probably too lazy to pursue him when I was right there. All my ticket says is "Racing on a City Street"

nothing else.. no speed clocks.. nothing. So Im going to try and contest it. I dont even care if I have to fucken pay it, I'll even admit to going 10 over the speed limit, but racing and getting 5 points on my otherwise spotless driving record is bullshit. Although we *were* guilty of playing around a little bit, accelerating hard to 45ish and slamming on the brakes is hardly "racing" and definately not worthy of being cussed at.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
damienfait said:
Damn dude...Where have you been? I'm the black one that rolls past KFC everyday in fact I'm about to roll past it in 10 minutes. Sorry bout the ticket. I live off 12th and lindsey in Springfield Apartments. I have yet to have police problems yet. My roommate though who borrowed my car and speed through the interesection of Classen/Lindsey and the cops followed him into our parking lot no sirens...Two cops..He got out of the car cops told him to get back in the car...They started to search my car for like 30 minutes I had a lot of ish in it. Then they found my bleeder valve and thought it was a piece pipe..I came outside and told them to get the fuck out of my car....Show me a warrant to search my car. They backed out and wrote him a ticket. But yea that is the only experience I have so far with Norman PD.

I know about the insurance...But damn dude.. 5 points? I dunno. What does the ticket say? Get the ticket and call the insurance company. They can quote you the change. Hopefully it's not to bad. But thats why we save that ish for the highway and the track.

This gay dude I work with lives in those apartments. The cop told me it was 5 points.. I dunno.. I checked the city of Norman website and it had a list of fines.. and street racing is tied with a DUI for the most expensive/worst offense you can get at 142 bucks.

It just sucks ass that Im poor enough b/c of the car and now its going to be worse. Cant even get a damn job around here thats not food service. Guess I should go back to college.

I see you roll by all the time since Im there every damn day. You and Redsled both. I just got to talk to him the other day. I havent been to the track or anything and Im bone stock.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
spaced said:
All that fucker heard was our exhausts and my tires chirping in second.
Here in Arizona that is enough to get you an exhibition of speed ticket right there.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Did you admit to the cop that you were racing? Most of the time they bank on you admitting guilt. I would tell them that some punk in a WRX was squealing his tires next to you, and the cop stopped you instead. As long as you didn't admit to anything, it's all good. You can't have a racing case without 2 parties that are racing. Deny the whole thing, and make them prove it. After all, the law is "innocent until proven guilty"...well, supposedly.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Redsled said:
Did you admit to the cop that you were racing? Most of the time they bank on you admitting guilt. I would tell them that some punk in a WRX was squealing his tires next to you, and the cop stopped you instead. As long as you didn't admit to anything, it's all good. You can't have a racing case without 2 parties that are racing. Deny the whole thing, and make them prove it. After all, the law is "innocent until proven guilty"...well, supposedly.

Isnt it his word over mine though? I didnt admit shit. He was so pissed he wouldnt let me finish a sentence. He came up to the window and said "WHAT DO YOU THINK YOURE DOING? "I started to say that my friend in silver WRX that just blew blew past you at 50 mph was trying to show off his exhaust to me, and he cut me off and started yelling "YEAH YOU WERE STREET RACING" and walked back to the cop car for 10 minutes. I fucking know he only got me because I was closer and the WRX was way ahead down the road.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ayat108 said:
you were all shook up? bahahahah!

sorry you let him affect you like that. it was a bit over the top, though.

man he acted like he was about to arrest me, plus he was cussing and yelling, it was very intimidating.

·
Registered
495 Posts
cussing and yelling!??!..what a tard...They are supposed to be able to keep their cool. By being that way they only heighten the emotion of the person pulled over. And either inflict intimidation or heighten anger and cause for too much pressure equalling in a snap and a punch in the face. THEY AREN'T DRILL SERGEANTS. WTF? I would have bitch slapped him and told him to calm down. Be like look buddy I fucked up I know I don't need a friggin lecture..Look at my record IT'S SPOTLESS. If I had a lot of shit on my record then I'd let ya, but I don't so give me my damn ticket and throw up deuces..

You wanna come over to my none COX having apartment and have a drink and a smoke to unwind? Cox mofos messed my crap up no cable or internet pisses me off..until Monday.

·
Banned
947 Posts
Go to court try to get that crap dropped, its bs. The only thing they are worried about is generating income for their state. 174 is a real cheap ticket anyways, the points are a whole new game, at the minimum go to court. I had a ticket for "supposedly" doing 96.5mph on the highway here which is a 55mph highway on my motorcycle, that ticket was 500 bucks AND 5 points. I went to court, cop never showed.... I figured he wouldnt show up though and they claimed to track my speed with vascar at Night! (vascar what a joke) The guy was huge! Between him and his fat ass co-pilot they barely had room to move in that Crown-Vic! I said to my friend in court, No thats not him, hes like two of that guy... Next thing Im hearing is Case Dismissed Officer not present.
Well good luck with your troubles, drive with your eyes in 360 degree mode & if you get out of your ticket spend the money on a good radar detector.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
damienfait said:
cussing and yelling!??!..what a tard...They are supposed to be able to keep their cool. By being that way they only heighten the emotion of the person pulled over. And either inflict intimidation or heighten anger and cause for too much pressure equalling in a snap and a punch in the face. THEY AREN'T DRILL SERGEANTS. WTF? I would have bitch slapped him and told him to calm down. Be like look buddy I fucked up I know I don't need a friggin lecture..Look at my record IT'S SPOTLESS. If I had a lot of shit on my record then I'd let ya, but I don't so give me my damn ticket and throw up deuces..

You wanna come over to my none COX having apartment and have a drink and a smoke to unwind? Cox mofos messed my crap up no cable or internet pisses me off..until Monday.

Damn, wish I wouldlve saw this sooner. Im just over here drinkin with my buddy.. I live at Saratoga Springs on 12th south of lindsey.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
well, he "jumped to conclusions" you didn't have a belt on. Sounds like he did the same thing in reguards to street racing. I would have spoke to his supervisor about his demeanor, and summons his supervisor to court too. That way you have on record that the fucker was a screwball. You have rights, you live in the United States. They have to prove their case against you as well. Don't let that bastard steam roll over you. I know a shitload of cops. They have to protect themselves from personal lawsuits. Who was this jackass anyways?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Redsled said:
well, he "jumped to conclusions" you didn't have a belt on. Sounds like he did the same thing in reguards to street racing. I would have spoke to his supervisor about his demeanor, and summons his supervisor to court too. That way you have on record that the fucker was a screwball. You have rights, you live in the United States. They have to prove their case against you as well. Don't let that bastard steam roll over you. I know a shitload of cops. They have to protect themselves from personal lawsuits. Who was this jackass anyways?

Officer Dioner.. or Pioner... I cant tell by his handwriting it its a D or a P

·
Registered
380 Posts
what i would do is kill them with kindness untill you mention the words "law suit" and "officer misconduct" throw verbal abuse around a little bit too

1 - 20 of 22 Posts