Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What is your name? brad hilliker
What is your email address? [email protected](dot)com
What is your city? somerville
What is your state? alabama
What is your zipcode? 35670

THIS IS FOR THE SHORT BLOCK...NOT A LONG BLOCK. THE HEAD IS A SOHC SEE POST 3.

first of all, sorry to the mods that i didn't have pics the first time i tried to post this. didn't realize that was a requirement in f/s posts. but, we should be good to go now.

i have a 2.6 sohc. darrell frankensteined everything together and the motor runs fine on megasquirt. the problem is that the rest of the car is a disaster and i'm debating on just cutting my losses.

the motor is brand new with only about 80 dyno runs to break it in and sort out the ms. it's supposedly the best of everything. call darrell he can tell you all about it.

i will pull the motor for the buyer, but can't crate it. if you want to come get it fine. it'll be ready for you. if you want it shipped i'll be glad to deliver it to wherever you'd like for whomever you choose to crate and ship. just lmk.

this is going to be a short auction. i'm going to give this a week to see if there is any interest. if not then i'll just rent some shop space and get to work fixing everything that's screwed up.

dcr wants 7400.00 and a 1400.00 core charge. i will sell the motor for 6200.00. that's basically 30% off of darrell's cost.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
are you interested in a sohc? if so then the head, crane 005 cam and crane springs with ti retainers as well as the 1mm os rev ss valves are also available. i didn't think that anyone here would be interested in the sohc head, but if so then come and get it. nothing else, not the head or anything else is for sale until the short block sells. i'm not going to get stuck with parts. once the block is gone then i'll start the rest of the partout.

fwiw the head is a dcr ported head with one-off d-shaped exhaust ports and completely reworked combustion chamber. i never got to see what this motor can do as the first 2.0 based stroker that dcr built had mis-sped'd pistons that slapped themselves to death and caused the afx/r pcm to only give 13* of max timing.

now that it's on the 2.6, dcr left the low-compression pistons in so the motor is an n/a 8.5:1 motor that only makes 185hp. there is too much else wrong with the car now to warrant fixing it. i'll tackle it all if no one is interested in the motor, but if the motor sells i'm parting out everything and licking my wounds.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts