Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Selling mostly stock SRT4 to make way for minivan as 3-kids no longer fit in back seat. Car runs great, and has had regular maintenance and a pretty easy life. Tires have reasonable tred left and include 2 all season tires, and 2 snow tires (the snow tires handle poorly, but do great in the snow). Car located in Alexandria VA.
Text questions to: 703-946-1614
Factory Features:
  • Sunroof
  • Factory sub-woofer in trunk and premium sound
  • Side Impact Air Bags
Upgrades/repairs
  • BC Racing coil over suspension (11/2017)
  • Urethane front suspension bushings
  • Replaced shift cables
  • Timing belt (and all other rebelts) replaced ~ 2014
  • New OEM clutch, flywheel, and upgraded throw-out bearing guide has ~20K of easy miles
  • New front wheel bearings and new OEM axels (~2018)
  • Replaced intake manifold gasket
  • Replaced rear tail-light gaskets
Damage:
  • Minor rust beginning around wheel wells
  • Scraped driver side rear tire-well on concrete bollard this past Christmas (doh!)
  • Rear bumper has minor cosmetic damage (see photo)

Attachments

·
Registered
05 srt-4 white
101 Posts
Got any under the hood pics. And also any way to get a pic of the rocker panels under the car veiws driver and passenger side. Or at least they best pics you can get of them? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
wow great deal!
suggest listing of FB for $2k more

·
Premium Member
1,433 Posts
Can understand your situation, kids and life do change things. Good luck on the sale.

·
Registered
2004 Eblue SRT-4
43 Posts
I would’ve sold that thing for at least 10k. Only because these are very rare nowadays and getting harder to find. Subie and Evo guys sell their cars with high mileage or rebuilt for a whopping 15k or more, and I believe the SRT-4 deserves a good price tag, it’s considered a collectible. I’ve owned mine for the last 9 years and if I ever one day sell, boy it’s not going to any kid and it’s going to be priced high (it’s in great condition of course).

·
Registered
128 Posts
I would’ve sold that thing for at least 10k. Only because these are very rare nowadays and getting harder to find. Subie and Evo guys sell their cars with high mileage or rebuilt for a whopping 15k or more, and I believe the SRT-4 deserves a good price tag, it’s considered a collectible. I’ve owned mine for the last 9 years and if I ever one day sell, boy it’s not going to any kid and it’s going to be priced high (it’s in great condition of course).
See I would have to disagree with you here at the end of the day I love the SRT four but let’s be realistic they weren’t really reliable and most people still consider it just a neon so as far as holding value goes I just don’t think it’s there anymore with how old they are

·
Registered
2004 Eblue SRT-4
43 Posts
See I would have to disagree with you here at the end of the day I love the SRT four but let’s be realistic they weren’t really reliable and most people still consider it just a neon so as far as holding value goes I just don’t think it’s there anymore with how old they are
My 144k original proud miles is still propelling 400hp easy with 180psi of strong compression across all 4 cylinders is considered pretty reliable hence some people have over 200k easy. Yea sure it’s a neon, but the SRT is rare and is considered a collectible and prices are going up over time. These are considered one of the greatest FWD turbo cars of ALL TIME

·
Registered
128 Posts
My 144k original proud miles is still propelling 400hp easy with 180psi of strong compression across all 4 cylinders is considered pretty reliable hence some people have over 200k easy. Yea sure it’s a neon, but the SRT is rare and is considered a collectible and prices are going up over time. These are considered one of the greatest FWD turbo cars of ALL TIME
That’s amazing my dude yeah I’m not saying that they can’t be reliable but I’m saying like statistically they were not the most reliable I used to work for Mopar during the time of the neon SRT and let’s just say a lot of parts were ordered and replaced for bad gearing, engine block leakage so though yours may have held up fine the majority actually didn’t and they needed a lot of work. What basically happened was is that was during the time where it was let’s cram as much power into a small engine as we can and that’s also one of the reasons why they were under rated besides for insurance purposes of course but the neon was never meant to be built around that much power. Again I would love to have one and for me it would be a collectors item but I just know most people didn’t see it as such.which was super frustrating. I will say you are a very lucky person and I love the blues so congrats on that again no hate I’m just saying like how they’re perceived in the world of the majority because we in this fourm are the minority.

·
Registered
2004 Eblue SRT-4
43 Posts
That’s amazing my dude yeah I’m not saying that they can’t be reliable but I’m saying like statistically they were not the most reliable I used to work for Mopar during the time of the neon SRT and let’s just say a lot of parts were ordered and replaced for bad gearing, engine block leakage so though yours may have held up fine the majority actually didn’t and they needed a lot of work. What basically happened was is that was during the time where it was let’s cram as much power into a small engine as we can and that’s also one of the reasons why they were under rated besides for insurance purposes of course but the neon was never meant to be built around that much power. Again I would love to have one and for me it would be a collectors item but I just know most people didn’t see it as such.which was super frustrating. I will say you are a very lucky person and I love the blues so congrats on that again no hate I’m just saying like how they’re perceived in the world of the majority because we in this fourm are the minority.
Yea totally understandable, as people drove it like they stole it right off the showroom floor. Also the fact that some people don’t know about cars and what they’re doing to it..and the maintenance they need. It’s a race car and race cars need a lot of care and they are going to have minor problems at some point and that’s what makes it a true performance vehicle. But yea thanks man no worries but myself I really do care about these things and I am a huge fan of the Dodge Viper and if it weren’t for the team behind the Viper this thing wouldn’t never been made. It was the first SRT branded vehicle and was born to be a killer.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yea totally understandable, as people drove it like they stole it right off the showroom floor. Also the fact that some people don’t know about cars and what they’re doing to it..and the maintenance they need. It’s a race car and race cars need a lot of care and they are going to have minor problems at some point and that’s what makes it a true performance vehicle. But yea thanks man no worries but myself I really do care about these things and I am a huge fan of the Dodge Viper and if it weren’t for the team behind the Viper this thing wouldn’t never been made. It was the first SRT branded vehicle and was born to be a killer.
Yeah man I’m actually in the market to try and find one just because I want one as a collectors piece myself but yeah they were really beautiful machines and it’s sad they don’t make anything close to it nowadays and I think the worst part is is a lot of people treated them so poorly that it’s just very hard to find a good one

1 - 13 of 13 Posts