Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so today I installed a 3 inch 02 housing, Needswings v6 DP. PTP Charge Pipe, AGP Hot side Pipe(Cold im waiting to tap for W/I) After all was done I took it out for a spin, Car is way too loud for my taste now btw. Anyway on the freeway fully warmed up about 80+ degrees outside, Full throttle on all gears would spike 12 and slowly come down to 7 psi before 6k RPM. I know your suppose to lose a couple of psi on the charge pipe but damn. I think it's a major boost leak. Can an exhaust leak also cause this. Stock wastegate only other mods is AEM CAI and BFMIC. I don't have access to a boost leak tester right now but just wanting to make sure if it sounds like boost leak. IF it's not iono I'm already frustrated with this car. BOO! VENT

·
Registered
111 Posts
IF you have an after market intercooler check the outlet on the hotside is it oval like the stocker or is it round? The reason is this, if the hotside is oval and you connect it to the coupl;er using a T-bar clamp it will not hold and will cause a big leak. Use the stock C-clamp from the stocker, it is more plyable and will fit right in there and mold around the oval intercooler outlet.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey thanks for the help I figured it out phew thank god. It was actually the charge pipe the clamp came off where it connects to the turbo and was halfway on. LOL! talk about major boost leak I reconnected it changed the clamp but now it's boosting 16 psi. LOL iono maybe the boost gauge. But hell it pulls insane.

·
Banned
32,448 Posts
srt4noobie said:
hey thanks for the help I figured it out phew thank god. It was actually the charge pipe the clamp came off where it connects to the turbo and was halfway on. LOL! talk about major boost leak I reconnected it changed the clamp but now it's boosting 16 psi. LOL iono maybe the boost gauge. But hell it pulls insane.
That is the charge pipe adding more HP. Good you got it all fixed, did the clamp it came with not work? I know the the t-bolts are a real pain to get tightened back there but trust me they are will worth it when you start to up the boost.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts