Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This maybe a n00b question but where do you guys mount your front license plate so it doesnt cover the opening where the intercooler sits. Id just leave it off, but the cops dont need another reason to stop me:flame:

Badger....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,626 Posts



like this...it dont block the intercooler that much...and i did not use zip ties...i made a bracket


tommy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,370 Posts
Blue_Streek said:



like this...it dont block the intercooler that much...and i did not use zip ties...i made a bracket


tommy
:rofl: hahahah i dont want to be an ass bro but that looks FUNNY LOL:rofl: :jester:

just do it like the yellow srt looks so much cleaner.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,626 Posts
srt4mamae said:
Blue_Streek said:



like this...it dont block the intercooler that much...and i did not use zip ties...i made a bracket


tommy
:rofl: hahahah i dont want to be an ass bro but that looks FUNNY LOL:rofl: :jester:

just do it like the yellow srt looks so much cleaner.
but at least it is legal. by california law the plate has to be secured to the vehicle without using zipties. plus the plate cannot be altered as far as cutting or painting it. you could get fined for it/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,370 Posts
Blue_Streek said:
srt4mamae said:
Blue_Streek said:



like this...it dont block the intercooler that much...and i did not use zip ties...i made a bracket


tommy
:rofl: hahahah i dont want to be an ass bro but that looks FUNNY LOL:rofl: :jester:

just do it like the yellow srt looks so much cleaner.
but at least it is legal. by california law the plate has to be secured to the vehicle without using zipties. plus the plate cannot be altered as far as cutting or painting it. you could get fined for it/
when i got the fix it ticket it was because of loud exhaust and mods as with no front plate i ask the officer where can i put it o dont have and bracket and then i brought it up to him can i put it exactly how the yellow srt has it he said yeah just put it behind the grill so its safe from falling into the ground and also make sure the numbers stand out other then that i parked next to cops i drive next to them and they havent said anything except for nice car lol.:thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,290 Posts
i think it just depends on how much a cop wants to be a dick to you. i have mine attached to my sun visor and i've had cops say it was ok, and ones that say its not. i always tell them that i'll go down to the dealer and get a bracket asap and they let me go no problem. i honestly don't see the problem with it being on your visor flipped down so you can see or on your dashboard. my thoughts though, so they really don't count in the court's eyes.

oh, and i like the way the yellow one looks.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,619 Posts
geekmonster said:
i think it just depends on how much a cop wants to be a dick to you. i have mine attached to my sun visor and i've had cops say it was ok, and ones that say its not. i always tell them that i'll go down to the dealer and get a bracket asap and they let me go no problem. i honestly don't see the problem with it being on your visor flipped down so you can see or on your dashboard. my thoughts though, so they really don't count in the court's eyes.

oh, and i like the way the yellow one looks.
Because if you get hit and its not secured well enough inside the car you can be decapitated. I know I know lame just passing the message bro.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
121 Posts
I did mine like the yellow one but behind the grill. Just like the pic in post#4 just take off that piece on the bottom of the car and you can slip it right in, then i just zip tied it, that thing isnt going anywhere....oh and when i took off that plastic piece i found a dead bird on it, right behind the IC...pretty gross
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,619 Posts
Got Lag? said:
I did mine like the yellow one but behind the grill. Just like the pic in post#4 just take off that piece on the bottom of the car and you can slip it right in, then i just zip tied it, that thing isnt going anywhere....oh and when i took off that plastic piece i found a dead bird on it, right behind the IC...pretty gross
Hayha welcome to the club these things are notorious for animal clean up just ask coyote killer nate. :rofl:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,721 Posts
geekmonster said:
i think it just depends on how much a cop wants to be a dick to you. i have mine attached to my sun visor and i've had cops say it was ok, and ones that say its not. i always tell them that i'll go down to the dealer and get a bracket asap and they let me go no problem. i honestly don't see the problem with it being on your visor flipped down so you can see or on your dashboard. my thoughts though, so they really don't count in the court's eyes.

oh, and i like the way the yellow one looks.
I've got the L8Shift plate holder in the visor also. If they question me, i just tell them i got it from a cop.:readclose
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top