Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question, When I went to go see my car at the dealer they had installed the front license plate holder, luckily they did it properly and did not drill any holes into the front fascia. What I am wondering is whether I should keep the holder, or ask them to take it off. Two plates are required in CT, but my dad has run his Corvette without a front plate for 3 years and has never had a problem. Personally I think the holder really screws up the front of the car.
James

·
Registered
726 Posts
I think it messes up the appearance of the front myself. If you can get away with only running one tag out back, I'd do it.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
How does the dealership correctly install the plate so that they dont screw into the front fascia? Ill make sure to give instructions to my dealer when the car is about to be delivered.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Fuck that take it off....if the cops question you...just burn them...lol j/k...just put it on then...

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
i have seen the famous bracket and it does not attach to the surface of the bumper it attaches on the undersides of the two top opennings in the cross hair grill...hope you got that

·
Registered
524 Posts
Hey guys, here's a pic for anyone that hasn't seen it yet. It's from Psamtik's post to the vortech forums. Hope he doen't mind :wink: . Being from VA I don't have much of a choice here. It's a $75 ticket. But, I guess you gotta get caught first huh? :twisted:

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Ok here you go from someone who hasnt ran a front plate in over a year on my 2K that gets more looks then a Phat Hoochie with a short Skirt. Keep the plate with you at all times. I usually keep mine between the console and pass seat. If your getting pulled over slightly throw in up in the window. Easy with Tinted windows. If the officer gives you any trouble just say that the dealer didnt have the correct tag bracket and that its on national back order.. They will usually leave you alone ;).

PS: Legally your dealer cannot remove your front tag as it's their inspection License on the line so take her home and rip her off. I have been pulled over at least 5 times in the past year just to be harrased for thing but only once did the officer ask me about the tag (He did a Uy to catch me cause he didnt see my tag but saw the Xenon front and figured he'd harass me. Walked up to my car and asked where my front tag was I pointed to it in the Dash plain and clear and He said Ok have a good day.)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have seen the famous bracket and it does not attach to the surface of the bumper it attaches on the undersides of the two top opennings in the cross hair grill...hope you got that

Black_Rain
That's the one I have..it attaches on the underside, and then sticks out and up. From the looks of it, if removed there would be no visible holes. Even then it still looks FUGLY!! so I will just keep the plate in the car. Now the only other thing I have to do is get them to take off their dealer sticker on the trunk :evil:
James

·
Registered
726 Posts
Invidious said:
Now the only other thing I have to do is get them to take off their dealer sticker on the trunk :evil:
James

The dealer put that sticker crap on the back of my car even after I specifically told them not to. Arrrrgh! :evil: I said something the very moment I saw it and they took it off post haste. (It still pissed me off that they didn't listen the first time.)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh I'm all over that, when I talk to my saleswoman tomorrow I am going to tell her to make sure it is gone on Monday.
James

EDIT:plus it's in a really obnoxious place...right under the keyhole for the trunk.. :evil: x2

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
9 Participants
gdflys
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing