Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has come up before, I need ask...anyone in here with an SRT-4 live in a state that requires two tags? I'm asking because I want a personalized tag, but in the state of Kansas, you have to have front and rear plates. Regular tags are not required on the front. What a crock! I was wondering if there's a way to mount one, or if it will interefere with airflow, etc. Otherwise, I'm ditching the idea of personalized tags.

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
I'm not sure, but looking at RaptorReds pitcures of his trunk, you can see a bag that looks like it has a front mount for a plate. If you go to a Dodge dealer and look at an 03 neon, you will see that it has a molded plastic mount that clips into the mesh in the grill, it does not appear to have screws. MD has a two plate law. I'll know for sure this weekend when I pick mine up in FL. Should have an answer by Mon at the latest.

·
Premium Member
6,649 Posts
Front plates

A front plate comes with all cars and are dealer intalled depending on the states requirements. If it's installed on the beam it will only block a part of the radiator not the intercooler.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
SpitterGuy said:
Never heard that one before, could be just that state. In Ohio, both tags, personalized or not, are still required. :roll:
Same for Illinois.

-faast

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the responses. Just wish someone had a pic with one on it. Could any of you with an SRT take a pic and just mount the bracket temporarily so I can get an idea? If you can't that's okay...I just want a visual.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
i was thinking about this several weeks ago but figured i'd wait till i got the car... since the topics already been started..oh well..

here's my question: could you just put the plate in your front windshield? or does it have to be on the bumper?

·
Registered
6,268 Posts
GLHS837 said:
I'm not sure, but looking at RaptorReds pitcures of his trunk, you can see a bag that looks like it has a front mount for a plate.
lol...that was definetly pictures of MY trunk, but anyway, it comes with a self-mounting front liscense plate thing and instructions on how to do it, I haven't bothered to look over them though since it isn't reuired in FL

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
QwikSC2 said:
Thanks for the responses. Just wish someone had a pic with one on it. Could any of you with an SRT take a pic and just mount the bracket temporarily so I can get an idea? If you can't that's okay...I just want a visual.

*EDIT* Man, I was REALLY late!! (I needed a refresh)

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
The front plate holder for the SRT is metal, and requires 4 screw holes in the front facia.

The one on the black pic from E-bay is in the correct place.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Some dealers will not install the front plate even if you are in a state that requires them. I work at a Lexus dealership in Texas, and we ask the customer if they would like to have the front plate installed or not most of the time. We do however take no responsibility for any tickets they might receive.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
putting it in the window is NOT good enough. with that said, in my present car it is in the front window. :twisted: most cops wont pull you over for just that, but if you get pulled over for speeding and they see it in the window, expect a $50 ticket (MD).

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
My old Neon had a big mouth bumper, and I put it behind behind that, asked my dad's best friend (he's a copper :D ) and he said it was fine, you could still see it. I'm gonna request no holes be drilled in mine, I'll jury-rig it on the front with something, than I can easily take it off when I want to! Oh, and those chrome license plate frames that you guys got with the car, they sold those at autozone for $10. Thought it looked familiar...

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
heh, rig it up under the hood somehow and attach a string to the bottom of it so when a cop pulls you over you can pull a string and it'll slide down into place :p of course you'd have to make sure it doesnt scratch anything on the way down but it would be kinda cool :)

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Just paint the plate number on the intercooler :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts