Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you took off the front license plate. It looks so gay on our cars!
I took it off as soon as I got it and touched up the screw holes. I might get pulled over , but can get it dismissed if I put in on in 10 days and pay a $10 fee. It worked for me when I had my stratus r/t.

·
Registered
167 Posts
In Houston area, $10 plus court costs......so its like $55 to get it dismissed. I know cause i just paid one off last week. Not sure about surrounding areas out of houston though.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Why give the Cops a legal reason to stop you and write you a ticket? All that time and money wasted because you think the car looks better without a front plate.

·
Registered
178 Posts
before I got my car the guy at the car lot asked me if I wanted them to drill a hole in the front for a plate I said hell no it looks good with out it.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
haljensen1 said:
Why give the Cops a legal reason to stop you and write you a ticket? All that time and money wasted because you think the car looks better without a front plate.
ever speed?... ever speed when you did not have to be somewhere? not only did this waste a cops time, but you may endager lives of CHILDREN also... don't speed for the sake of the children!!!! :frogtongu

·
SRTFORUM Moderator
23,153 Posts
You can't put it in the window. Has to be on the front of the vehicle. Just got a ticket 2 weeks ago for that. $80 fine, but, over here if you take a picture of how you had it, and a pic of how you have it now, on the front... they will dismiss it, and all you pay is the court fee, which is like $15.

·
Banned
3,003 Posts
well in dallas i have gotten off. the fine print on the law states plates have to be displayed visible to the front of the veichle. But the lil sticker in the window is considered a plate. Had to go to court one time. Printed the law out of the law book I found in the library and had it signed and authorized at the court house after the judge agreed I was correct with the law. Now I just show that to cops if they pull me over.

·
Registered
11,017 Posts
uncivilracer said:
well in dallas i have gotten off. the fine print on the law states plates have to be displayed visible to the front of the veichle. But the lil sticker in the window is considered a plate. Had to go to court one time. Printed the law out of the law book I found in the library and had it signed and authorized at the court house after the judge agreed I was correct with the law. Now I just show that to cops if they pull me over.
can you email me a copy?? :hi:

·
Registered
47 Posts
It looks terrible with the plate, but the alternative isn't any better. Thank you Texas.

·
Registered
95 Posts
ziptie it.... i get pulled over all the time, i swith front bumpers out alot too, so its kind of a pain in the ass

·
Registered
505 Posts
what law book is that out of a.d what page ? can i get a copy too . thanks

1 - 20 of 20 Posts