Dodge SRT Forum banner

141 - 160 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #142 (Edited)
haven't worked too much on the srt4 lately because i was fucking pissed about threading bolt and messing up the threads on the timing belt idler pulley.

so, i stoped...while i cooled off

decided to take care of some other stuff while i ponder my next move on the tensioner

installed manifold, turbo, coolant lines, oil lines, oil filter cartridge

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #145 (Edited)
well, some progress

cleaned an painted my 25$ intercooler

also painted the crash bar

painted the turbo housing silver...wanted to go with black but i have too much black..i did paint the stock surge valve and wastegate black..so

turbo is not in new condition, but it isn't as bad as the one that originally came with the car

alternator looking hideous, waiitng to clean it
installed alt support braket and A/C braket plug tensioner pulley

test fitting the engine harness
debating between tucking it or not...next owner may not appreciate it...or maybe he will.
i'm still thinking about that one...found a place between the head and the plastic timing belt cover that would be perfect for the cables that go to the back and then may need to extend some wires for injectors

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #146 (Edited)
ok, so finally fixed the timing belt bolt:
helicoil, 30$ later...

new tool addition...sandblaster...hehehe,,,yea, cleaning OCD kicke dup 100%

started doing some damage control
this wasn't an "engine fire" per se...it was more like this:
previous guy wanted to look cool and rice his fucking car out...while half assing most of it...he fucked around with the turbo installing something and must've loosen the plastic weather stripping...it fell off on top of the manifold which had no heatshield
melted and caught fire...only damage was this. paint gone, melted coolant overflow tank and that's it.

so, now i am fixing it :)

doens't look like this color is gonna be the final one....i may be painting the whole thing with bedliner...
we'll see

coil pack plug broke, so i has to replace the connector

putting together the intake. originally, the throttle bodyu was gonna be black..i used very shitty paint and it ran off when iw as cleaning with break cleaner///decided to just leave the raw aluminum so paint stripping away and ended up like this..i still like.

engine harness complete
still need to install some wire loom where it needs, just to keep it from rubbing on the engine
decided to route the power cable for the starter the other way around, only wire which is actually tucked.
was going to tuck the inj wiring., but isn't that what the SRT inj plastic cover is there for?

installed cold pipe, OEM. fixed all the wiring.

cleaned the alt a little bit..looks better now..it was killing me...next, i will clena the A/C compressor

gotta see if i can make this look better.

installed the cover. wil probably be repainting this one...we'll see

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
A light sanding to the oil cap will make it not stand out as much with the yellow lettering. It will also flatten out the texture so that it blends in with the VC.

Looks like this:

Also the rattle can bedliner is some good stuff if you have the surface prepped pretty well. It withstands transmission fluid and gas. Don't cheap out with that undercoating crap. I have a trans seal that is leaking and it ate right through it on my charge pipe. Will have to redo the charge pipe in bedliner once I decide to take it off. For now it is well preserved!

I painted my trans with the rattle can bedliner and it turned out really nice. It is very forgiving to someone who doesn't lay down paint for a living. The only problem is that it will scratch if you run a sharp object along it with moderate to high pressure. I scratched mine slightly when I was dropping the engine/trans in. A quick touch-up is all it really needs.

Looking good so far!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #148 (Edited)
more parts cleaning.
this hose got the paint off form the heat of the exhuast, cleaned and painted

installed the so-callewd turbo boost leak plate..lol..whatever..it'll sound amazing for whoever will buy the car

got a new boost gauge with bracket

more parts, oh my:
rack n pinion bushing, sharge hose, i ripped a hole into mine when rmeoving the motor.
and vac lines

now you see why i needed that bushing...oil ate up this one completelky...it will take me 2 mins to replace now, or 45 when the engine is in.and at 8$, can't be a bad investement

vac lines, missing a few here and there...but mostly complete.

toming officially done. omn the first try! well, something are bound to go ok, right?

timing belt covers in as well as bracket...this braket takes 2 mins to put in and out when the engine is out but takes about 45 mins to put in and out with the engine in the car..fuck you dodge!

test fitting the vac lines and figuring out how they go

·
SRTforums Member
438 Posts
Maybe I missed it in the thread but what are you going to sell this car for?

This is an awesome idea. You get to have all the fun building the car then you get a pay out at the end... Great work and keep the pictures coming.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
Maybe I missed it in the thread but what are you going to sell this car for?

This is an awesome idea. You get to have all the fun building the car then you get a pay out at the end... Great work and keep the pictures coming.
depending on what it looks likes and drives like at the end
but hoping to srart at 6K
it has a rbeuilt tittle so that'll knock off some immediately..
but i hope someone who doens't know much about cars pays me the highest :)

i will def not lie and not answer any questions in regards to the car.
and the proof of all the work is in here anyways...not hiding anyhting.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #153 (Edited)
finally got around to repainting the inj cover

this time i am very happy with the outcome

also repainted the valve cover

painted some more tranny parts

coolant net and thermostat housing

calipers
rmeoving failed attempt

now i cna finally start rebuilding the brakes and installing them back on the car, flushing the lines, installing ABS and other things...

that's it so far..

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #156 (Edited)
painted the front PT GT swaybar

repainted the tranny housing using epoxy paint...now i know for next time!

painted these as well

repainted manifold with epoxy paint..came out excellent

putting tranny back together wihtout any sts tool!

new seals went in as well.

that's all for now.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
I think the outer cover (plate) on the trans gets RTV IIRC. The red stuff should work ok I guess, but something to keep in mind if you see a leak there. A rule of thumb is that bare Aluminum to aluminum seals get the red anaerobic.

The rest get RTV sparingly.

I think the only exception on our cars is the oil pump to block which gets the red anaerobic, and the bedplate which is supposed to get the green anaerobic, but some use red just fine.

p. 21-76 of the FSM:

(22) Install a bead of Mopar Gear Lube RTV to
end plate and immediately install to case. Install and
torque bolts to 28 N·m (250 in. lbs.) (Fig. 62).

That is usually what you use to seal Jeep diff covers.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Is this going to be a show car? You should seriously consider it after all this work. For the love of god don't sell it:rofl:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Is this going to be a show car? You should seriously consider it after all this work. For the love of god don't sell it:rofl:

Agreed, you should keep it. With all the work done its like a new car. Plus you know what ya got. The next thing you pick up may end up having a bunch of problems to solve too. Your almost done now.:clap:

141 - 160 of 200 Posts