Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a local used 03 SRT with 16k miles on it. Only one owner. They want 15.5k. To me that sounds a little high. Then again I could be wrong. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Good deal. IMO. But I would want a '04(LSD) :)

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know the LSD is a nice out of the factory mod but the only time it would be a huge benefit is from a stop right? I dont plan on autocrossin lol.

The hp difference isn't a problem cause stage 1 can fix that. Then a turbo swap can :eveilgrin

·
Registered
746 Posts
The retail price on that car is $17,675.00. The trade-in value is $13,600.00.

$15,500.00 seems a very good price. I personally would not buy a used SRT-4 as there is a very, very good chance the car has been beaten on. You are just getting some else's problems. Another thing, the basic warranty on the car is about to expire. The car will have the 7 year 70,000 mile power train warranty left.

Percy

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Price is not bad but you can get it lower. As for checking if the car has been beaten on, tires are a very good indicator. If they have been changed already at 16K, then look somewhere else. If they look good(all 4 evenly worn), then check the oil, just in case and if you can, remove the spark plugs(all if possible) because they are probably the best indicators of how the engine is doing.

·
Registered
74 Posts
They haven't all been beaten on...

My 03 has 26k miles on it and since I make the payments on it and have had other cars to beat on in the past, mine has been driven very reasonably. I have had zero problems with it. I bought it for what I would predict as durability. It has the same turbo as a mid 90's Saab Aero (2.3L/225HP), with a little more displacement and running less boost. It's a pretty lightly tuned engine by modern standards. If $20,000 for it new was a good price, then $15,500 is a great price. What else can you get for 15 grand that you would want to drive?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Ya because I'm selling My srt-4 for 16,000. Mines a 04 and it was bought in febuary of this year. I only have 12,000 miles on it. all highway miles. drove it from detroit to flint ever mon-fri. so if your looking for a good deal come to me.

Mines a E-blue 04 srt-4. only 12,000 miles on it. everything is stock and nothing has been changed yet on the car besides the oil. so if your interested PM me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.