Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I've had a few posts of people complaining about the flame fests going on here recently. Here is a snip of a PM I sent someone regarding the issue.

I like to run open forums... I have not closed a thread, or banned anyone except the guy that was threatening to hack the forums. He trolled and made alot of BS posts about the forums and the SRT-4 and I let them pass. Once he started making threats about my property, that _does_ cross the line.

The forums are very liberal and easy going. Pretty much anything goes, I believe in our right to free speech, and will let you say what you want. Dont interrupt others pursuit for the same, and we'll be dandy.

Anyway, here is the PM snippet.

We have a few mods and we monitor the threads pretty closely and regularly...

What we dont do is delete/lock, etc threads that we dont agree with. People have a right to say what they want, I may not agree with it, but I will allow it.

Until the threads start progressing to physical harm/damage that seems legitimate and likely, I pretty much let anything go.

Hope this helps... all these flamefests recently are just entertaining to read... learn to laugh at them, I do.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I hope we didn't troll too badly!

Like I said... we heard about 1 BS post and came over after it. For the most part we left it with that one subject.

I kinda like it here and certainly hope you not going to just ban all who came over?

-Rick

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
No banning of anyone except the guy who threatened to hack the site. It's free speech, but when you threaten to damage personal property, that's another thing. Post away. :lol:

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Grunge has it right, and that guy was a JDM Honda, not a WRX -- Believe me, I would be much happier never to have banned even him.. but as Grunge said, personal property of mine that I make available to everyone for FREE, well, that does offend me and that does get a ban in my book.

Now, had he asked for a full refund, I would have been happy to oblige ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
ekool said:
Grunge has it right, and that guy was a JDM Honda, not a WRX -- Believe me, I would be much happier never to have banned even him.. but as Grunge said, personal property of mine that I make available to everyone for FREE, well, that does offend me and that does get a ban in my book.

Now, had he asked for a full refund, I would have been happy to oblige ;)
Sweet.

Dude.

Sweet.

What does mine say??

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
We make a game out it in parking lots. " Daddy, is the SRT faster than that car?" It's nice to not say no that often :) You should see their eyes when I do say no, (the nice guy in the ZO6 was looking funny about the question :) ) Keep in mind, I live in the sticks. I see a faster car maybe once every couple of days. Yes, I told them the ZO6 was a lot faster. And pointed out WRX's as almost as fast :D

·
Registered
467 Posts
Some times you have got to remove the cancerous cell before it starts spreading. I think you guys do a great job and allow allot of stuff that most other boards would never allow. But, Thats why this board keeps growing :D

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
hell yeah...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
8 Participants
lifeisdeath
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing