Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To start im proud to say i am switching over from a previously owned 98 2dr Accord V6 (first car) & a 98 240sx (current car) to a 03 SRT. The car i have now looks great but is wayyy to slow.. It just isnt fun to drive. My dad has a dodge dakota with the V8 and that thing is a blast to drive. So bring on the neon. The first thing is I live in NJ, went to Oasis Dodge (by far the biggest dealer in central jersey) and Dayton Dodge (kinda small but 5 star as well). The manager at Dayton said he was only getting 4 in and that you can order starting the end of this month and they will come in around mid march. The guy at Oasis said the same time frame but he will be getting a lot more then 4 (thank god). That is good but i am torn between colors. My two previous cars are both black and i think it is time for a change. I saw someones pics (black) and it is nice. Does anyone have pics of a silver one? Also, what are the first mods you guys are going to put on? My list includes lowering springs (probably eibach when they come out), exhaust (2.5 or 3.0 is the big question, need help with that, which one gives better airflow= more horsepower?), tint out all the windows, turbo timer (HKS ?), boost controller, CAI (AEM???), BOV (doesnt look like that is happening). Those are my main concerns at first but i cant afford them all at one time unless i buy them all on the credit card and go into debt. I was thinking tint, turbo timer, exhaust first (can afford that right now), then springs and intake, then boost, then go from there. Any more mods? or that you think or better ? How are MOPARS parts? quality good? Okay my fingers are getting tired got to go to work hear comes the snow northeast? any feedback will be helpful. Grab life by the horns. :p

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
exv6420 said:
My list includes lowering springs (probably eibach when they come out)
sounds good.

exhaust (2.5 or 3.0 is the big question, need help with that, which one gives better airflow
which gives better airflow? well go find a tiny straw and a huge mcdonalds straw. hold your nose and breathe through each one. which one gives you more airflow? :wink:

tint out all the windows, turbo timer (HKS ?)
sounds good

CAI (AEM???)
you have a free one, but if you want to waste your $200 go ahead.

BOV (doesnt look like that is happening)
turboXS type s-RFL. numero uno.

Any more mods?
oh man, what a bag of worms there! :p

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
oh, and welcome to the darkside. prepare to be made fun of by your buddies for driving a neon.

·
Registered
726 Posts
lifeisdeath said:
oh, and welcome to the darkside...

exv6420....I am your father!

Welcome aboard :lol:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OOOOo the making fun of has already started. My one boy is buying a G35 coupe next month, he makes fun of me every time he sees me. "maybe you should put a butterfly sticker on the back windshield" saying stuff like that. CANT WAIT TO RACE HIM. Its going to be good.

·
Registered
864 Posts
You don't think a 240SX is a fun car? What the hell?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nope, the 240sx is a damn truck engine, maybe if i did an engine swap like everyone does out in Cali with the japan turbo engine then it will be okay. 155 horses just aint enough thats why im buying the SRT-4. Really stuck on the color though SILVER PICS ANYONE? and does anyone buy parts from mopar? are companies like eibach, neuspeed, hks, turboxs, better ???? its snowing like hell in NJ stuck at work mad bored, keep the thread going :)

·
Registered
118 Posts
OOOOo the making fun of has already started. My one boy is buying a G35 coupe next month, he makes fun of me every time he sees me. "maybe you should put a butterfly sticker on the back windshield" saying stuff like that. CANT WAIT TO RACE HIM. Its going to be good
G35 is way to bulky... thing feels like your pulling a truck. But is does make 0-60 6.7, which is reasanable..
but not even close to a 5.4...
so tell your friend not to bother

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OOO Cro.... Motor Trend Car of the Year, they got the coupe six speed to 5.8 and 14.2 in the quarter, damn quick, so it should be a good race. What i am not looking forward to is the 5.1 lancer evo and the 4.8 (0 to 60) WRX STI due out JUNE 1st. Might have to start saving money for the 50 horsepower stage 2 from Mopar. NO SILVER PICS ??

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
exv6420 said:
NO SILVER PICS ??
They're old but hopefully you haven't seen them yet
http://www.neons.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=75394

1 - 10 of 10 Posts