Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've had my SRT-4 for two months now. Every once in a while I'd have to floor it (Only to merge on the highway or avoid cute furry animals of course :lol: ) and notice it would only boost to 11 or 12 PSI.

It was becoming a source of constant irritation, but I avoided posting a question because I thought it would be something stupid.

It was.

See below!
The week I bought it I picked up a set of thick rubber floor mats from Pep Boys to keep the carpet wear to a minimum. Every once in a while I'd have to move them back into place. Guess what happened when they slid around a bit. The slid under the M'F'ing gas pedal.

That last 1/4 inch sure makes a big difference.

Oh well, I'm married, so I already feel stupid once in a while.

·
Registered
604 Posts
that's funny , but proves you've got some diagnostic skills , think positive :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Gixer1K said:
Oh well, I'm married, so I already feel stupid once in a while.
Worst decision a man can make. If you ever leave your wife you have to pay vaginamony, what a load of crap.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Hey, you could sell that on ebay... SRT-4 Matt-A-Boost with two different settings :rofl:

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Like someone else said, atleast this means you have good diagnostic skills. I would not have though at first to check the floor mats as a source of power loss...

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Go post in Honda-Tech and inform them of this new method of boost improvement. I don't care if its an old joke, but you should yell out "FLOOR MAT!" every time you shift and let them feel the wrath of your additional 4-5psi.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Haha that's funny but feel lucky. My friend had a switch for his aftermarket foglights, and it fell off of the bottom of the dash, and where did it go? Right under the brake pedal. We go to stop and nothing happens, luckily nobody or nothing was in front of us, so nobody got hurt. Some extra tape and a screw, and it was ready to go racing lol.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
:rofl: Now, that was funny and it did happen to me once but not in SRT. :rofl:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts