Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friends dad owns the company goldline coil springs, so I'm getting a set for super cheap.
My question is, is it okay to use aftermarket lowering springs with the stock struts?
also, any input from people who have used the goldline springs is appreciated as well...

thanks guys,
James

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
number 1. use the SEARCH button

number 2. Hook a brotha up! (thats from everyone:D)

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did search, and I'm an idiot so I couldn't find anything.

$100 is my cost for a brand new set of goldline springs and I have no problem hooking you guys up as long as it's cool with the owner that I'm doing that, and I'm almost positive he won't mind.

back to my original question, eh eh???? (please at least tell me what to search for, as I said, I'm an idiot.)

·
Registered
399 Posts
jamesfoster said:
My friends dad owns the company goldline coil springs, so I'm getting a set for super cheap.
My question is, is it okay to use aftermarket lowering springs with the stock struts?
also, any input from people who have used the goldline springs is appreciated as well...

thanks guys,
James
It is ok to use the stock struts w/aftermarket springs, many owners have. Now that being said, you might not enjoy the ride it provides. The car tends to bottom out alot and you will feel every little bump in the road. Eventually you will have to change out the struts due to the longevity of using aftermarket springs, unless you go the coilover route. Myself personally did not want to have the rough ride, so I installed tokico illumina struts w/my tein s-tech springs. The ride is alot better, not as smooth as coilovers would be, but better than stock or aftermarket springs. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
260 Posts
well depends really. If the springs are a lower rate(which they probably are) you will blow your struts pretty damn quick.If the rates are too low you will need special valving and that will cost alot.Enough to make you consider buying those springs.But the best thing for you to do is to go to the man and ask him what the rates are and what struts they used when they tested them.If you are just looking for a drop then go ahead and get them but I wont promise you the handling or ride will be good.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I run goldlines, the ride is a little rough, but not too bad..I only notice it after I drive my Durango for a couple days.
You will need new endlinks, and an alignment.
I did not need caster/caber plates/bolt..Alignment is good 7k on the springs and my tires are wearing fine.

I have never bottomed out with these springs.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I'm getting the springs but I'll have to wait on installing them until I get struts because I'm doing this for handling, not for looks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts