Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Retired Member
11,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just waiting on the 16 Crane cams to come in and Darrell to have an opening to do the work, Once everything is set I WILL get before and after Dyno Pulls, Track Runs and Data Logs. I'll also get some video's and Pictures. I personally don't need proof that Darrells work is good, but alot of people want it. I'm more intristed in how it's going to affect things like EGT's and A/F. But I WILL get all the info people want ASAP. I'll also do a full write up on how everything went and get some pics/video's/sound clips because we know those are always fun. Anyway so yeah if you can't tell I'm really frickin excited.

---Before work---
Stage 3R With Toys (Stock Lines, 24.5 psi 3rd/4th gear)
Maxx Fab Stage 3R 3" O2 Housing
Maxx Fab 3" Side Exit Exhaust (No Cat, No Resinator)
IceMan Cold Air Intake
CM Stage 4, 4-Puck Clutch w/ Aluminum Fly Wheel
JMB Hot And Cold Hard Pipes
NGK 4306's (11's) Gapped at .033 (Will drop to .030 when I have a chance)
Mopar Blow Off Valve
Zeitrinex Wideband
-Boost
-Exhaust Gas Temp
-RPM
-Air/Fuel
Apexi SAFC-II (12.5 to 5200, 13.0 from 5200 to red line)
NO BOOST LEAKS TO 30PSI

---Will Be Installed Prior To Work---
CCA Large Front Mount Intercooler
DCR Windage Tray/Pickup Tube and remove balance Shaft And Chain
AGP Stage 3R WGA (Will tune to 12.5 to red line if I can)
RCA 750cc Injectors (If Needed for WGA and work)
Devils Own Water/Meth injection

I'll also hopefully have the tech gauges to check timing/knock retard/Inlet Air Temp/Fuel Injector Duty Cycle

---Work Getting Done---
DCR Stage 3R Port/Ramp Job (Fix Manifold if cracking also)
DCR Cylinder Head Signature Package
-Cylinder Head Porting (Intake/Exhaust)
-Cylinder Head Pinning
-Cylinder Head Chamfer
-Cylinder Head Valve Job
-Valves (1mm over intake, 2mm over Exhaust)
-Valve Back Cut
-Springs/Retainers
-Valve Seals
-Cylinder Head Surface
-Port Matched Intake
-5 Layer Head Gasket
-Head Stud Kit
-Intake Gasket Spacer
-16 Cams
-Cam Gears
-55mm Throttle Body And Spacer
-ANY OTHER WORK DARRELL RECOMENDS!

I hit the track every week and just keep getting better. Currently trapping 117.5-117.9 at 12.4 on pretty bald Geforce Drags on PT Stealies (2.05-2.09 60 foots). I have ordered K-1's and M&H 24.5/8.5-15 Slicks, so I should get some slick times in also.

·
Super Moderator, SRT of the Month
34,749 Posts
do yourself a favor, if youre going "all out", drop the CCA FMIC and get a better flowing unit. just my $.02

·
Registered
575 Posts
uncommon said:
do yourself a favor, if youre going "all out", drop the CCA FMIC and get a better flowing unit. just my $.02
I agree. The cca is good but your defenitly not cutting corners so why start at the very inportant intercooler. Im sure you saw the shootout. Dont make your turbo work harder just to make up the three psi drop caused by the FMIC. Sounds like a badass setup. I Need my 50trim :crying:

·
Retired Member
11,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Getting it from a friend for so cheep that I will probably sell it for more then I pay him for. it's a "hold me over" till AGP gets theres in. I totally agree with you both, but AGP>CCA>Stock. and at this time I can't get a AGP (Backordered)... Understand?

·
Super Moderator, SRT of the Month
34,749 Posts
XXxx_Totmacher_xxXX said:
Getting it from a friend for so cheep that I will probably sell it for more then I pay him for. it's a "hold me over" till AGP gets theres in. I totally agree with you both, but AGP>CCA>Stock. and at this time I can't get a AGP (Backordered)... Understand?
if i'm not mistaken, the stock unit flows better than the CCA and i believe they lost HP by switching to the CCA fromt the stock. so believe it or not STOCK>CCA

·
Retired Member
11,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
moltenice said:
and AGP isnt the only front mount out there.

ED and AIS are some other top quality products.
I really haven't done my homework on intercoolers, just planned on using the CCA while I had done it. I more or less assumed from the shootout that I skimed through (there was like 5 stickies and i had no clue what one to read, I was underway and out internet is 28.8 at best). I guess I really should buckle down and look into it. I like what I have heard about the ED LFM, but its gawd awfully ugly!!!

·
Retired Member
11,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
by the way your intercooler looks bad ass, my plan was to powdercoat the end tanks on the CCA black, then get a reversal sticker of the Mopar "M" and spray powder coat on it, then bake it in. How did you do yours? PM me?

·
Registered
16,766 Posts
by the way your intercooler looks bad ass, my plan was to powdercoat the end tanks on the CCA black, then get a reversal sticker of the Mopar "M" and spray powder coat on it, then bake it in. How did you do yours? PM me?
Thanks...

For the IC, I would stay away from powdercoating the IC. That type of coating is very thick and will probably mess with the heat transfer.

Mine was Air brushed with probably two coats of water based air brush paint. It's very thin and doesnt mess with the cooling. The end tanks had a faint mist of clear put on them for gloss, and that was about it.

I have a friend who owns a custom graphic shop and he just found the logo on his computer and printed it out on the Vinyl, it was already cut and matched perfect. If you need the logo he could probably hook you up as well.

·
Retired Member
11,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Anyone got a link to some solid info on the ED vs AGP, I still can't find any good test data on the ED...

·
Registered
416 Posts
Anyone got a link to some solid info on the ED vs AGP, I still can't find any good test data on the ED...

check the ed section on super beast.. look at the design of the end tanks. one is case and the other straight flat off ic.. the case one will flow the best.. makeing the most hp and tq.. dyno time coming for the super beast on my car.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
uncommon said:
if i'm not mistaken, the stock unit flows better than the CCA and i believe they lost HP by switching to the CCA fromt the stock. so believe it or not STOCK>CCA
they lost boost not hp.. hp gained across the board.. it just had pressure drop like a bitch.. it also had the 2nd coolest core charges so it does it's job.. it just flows shitty ..

assuming i can get my shit together in the next two weeks i'll be buying my srt4 and will have a cca intercooler and a gt35r kit.. i'm hoping we get another ic test done up here in new england.. i want to provide the big turbo car with the cca..

and the numbers will be a little better , a big intercooler on a stock turbo is kinda pointless anyways.. they don't flow enough air to get un skewed #'s ..

not saying it isn't shit .. but i'm willing to find out .. like you said tho.. agp makes them and so does hector.. so it's not like i'm screwed if it really sucks that bad when some real boost hits it .. i'll just sell it to someone else :lol:

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
go with the 26" inch slicks. not the 24's.

Invest in some good lightweight drag rims, and some skinnies for the back.

Its worth every penny.

·
Retired Member
11,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
waiting on cams :crying: :crying: :crying:

and it will be a little different, the before will be a bone stock srt-4, after will be the DCR work, then after after will be all suporting mods/tune

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
waiting on cams :crying: :crying: :crying:

and it will be a little different, the before will be a bone stock srt-4, after will be the DCR work, then after after will be all suporting mods/tune
Jeniffer said that the cams should be in soon, so when they do, we are going to setup that appointment for you to come on down... :thumbsup: I am in the midst of getting to all my PM's so you should hear something soon :readclose Thanks alot

1 - 20 of 20 Posts