Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When it comes to horsepower: Is a bigger turbo better than mopar stage 2 for the money? what is the best turbo out there? Where is the best deal for a stage 2 kit? where and what is the best deal for an upgraded turbo kit? Please post prices. Thanks James in dartmouth

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
when it comes to horsepower is stage 2 better than an upgraded turbo

When it comes to horsepower: Is a bigger turbo better than mopar stage 2 for the money? what is the best turbo out there? Where is the best deal for a stage 2 kit? where and what is the best deal for an upgraded turbo kit? Please post prices. Thanks James in dartmouth

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
More hp? i think monies invested in a turbokit would be better... S2= roughly 260 and 300tq. without piggyback/mapclamp.

a turbokit/ fuel injectors at low boost= in the 300hp range :)

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
I'd say it depends on how much you want to spend...

Turbo upgrade, i feel, would be the answer though.

Think also about fuel upgrades that go along with the turbo upgrade. Fuel controller, Map clamp...

Stage 2 is good for a bolt on and go... no worries, no real tuning issues if you leave as is.

All my $.02...

k3v :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
yo james like i said b4 if your gonna go big turbo your options are ATP,AGP.Psi-fi..those are the top turbo companys..you have to take in consideration the amount of $$$ you want to spend and how car you want to go w. your car..as far as stage 2 goes..performance dodge is a supporting vendor and has some nice deals goin on..IMO i think stage 2 is a good route to go for a nice street set-up along w/ of course exhaust/intake

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
mopar stage 2 won't trap anywhere near the t3t04e's that go over 120mph! Lets just leave it at that. 120>108mph ;)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for quik replies i am going to go with SRT-4 Garrett T3/T04 Turbocharger GT40/T350 (stage 5) This is a big turbo. Mid to upper 600hp is possible Upgrade KitPrice: $1,750.00. wth an agp fuel management kit and 750 injectors: $960. If any one has a better plan let me know.

thanks james

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for quik replies i am going to go with SRT-4 Garrett T3/T04 Turbocharger GT40/T350 (stage 5) This is a big turbo. Mid to upper 600hp is possible Upgrade KitPrice: $1,750.00. wth an agp fuel management kit and 750 injectors: $960. If any one has a better plan let me know.

thanks james

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
Your goals and budget will decide your optimum path:)

For the exact same money, a turbo kit can't match Stage 2. (Heck, ya
can't buy any turbo kit for $1400) But for some more money, a turbo kit can whip Stage 2. Those 120 traps don't come cheap:)

·
Banned
1,782 Posts
you gonna fortify your internals? new axles? clutch? etc......otherwise you won't be able to keep 600 hp for very long. First SRT to break 500 hp with just boltons threw a rod at 534 hp.

·
Banned
1,782 Posts
you dont need to post the same post in different threads.....1 thread about 1 topic is enough. the boards are already cluttered as it is, so much worse than when i first joined.

·
Registered
131 Posts
jay2003fern said:

thanks james
it all depends on what your driving habits are, if you hit the track a lot then go with the stage 5, if it's mainly for street use then i'd run a smaller one. do some research, i suggest going to agp's threads and read some of the stickies

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
2,975 Posts
I would call AGP turbo. First of all, the fuel kit is cheaper when purchased with the turbo kit. There are tons of discounts and options. Ben/Kevin can explain it nicely, and guide you to the proper turbo. A gt40/stage 5 is an awesome turbo, but may not be what you want. Thats why I suggest you call them and they can guide you through the upgrade process.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I would call AGP turbo. First of all, the fuel kit is cheaper when purchased with the turbo kit. There are tons of discounts and options. Ben/Kevin can explain it nicely, and guide you to the proper turbo. A gt40/stage 5 is an awesome turbo, but may not be what you want. Thats why I suggest you call them and they can guide you through the upgrade process.
Hey Nick, can the turbo upgrade kit work with only S1 or is it absolutely neccessary to get a fuel management system?

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
2,975 Posts
290-315hp before you run out of fuel.

Driveability will be GREATLY improved over a stock car. Better gas mileage, better boost control, better power curve, easy to control, no part throttle boost, no surge, no flutter.

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
S1 + $1700 kit with NOTHING else? No fuel control, no exhaust, no other boost control besides the S1 PCM?

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
spineshank385 said:
you dont need to post the same post in different threads.....1 thread about 1 topic is enough. the boards are already cluttered as it is, so much worse than when i first joined.

Maybe he wanted his local friends opinions... I know i never venture further than new england. well, maybe the vids too.

And btw, stop using my mom's pic as your avatar!

:hi:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts