Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any of you guys on here figure out how to keep the fog lights on when you turn on the high beams? i'm sure it can be done.... i think..... :?:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Don't have the car yet but will look into when it gets here. I did the same thing to my fog lights in my current car. Only bad thing was the chime didn't go off when I left only the fog lights on. I've left them on quite a few times but never a dead battery.. :)

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
mdhavi18 said:
any of you guys on here figure out how to keep the fog lights on when you turn on the high beams? i'm sure it can be done.... i think..... :?:
If someone doesnt do it within the month I will be doing it, and posta hwo to.

Actually i just want to be able to turn on fogs without having to turn on low beams. Very possible, shouldnt be too hard, once u trace out all the wires.

Cali

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
this is when the DCX repair manual would come in handy :wink:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Not really sure about this, but if you get a relay and wire the switch to the relay it should work.
I do not have one yet, is there a switch for the fog lights????
if there is, a relay should do the trick.

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
edge007 said:
The switch doesnt let you pull it out (to turn on fogs) unless the low beams are on. You may have to take it apart to cut/break/mod it so it can be pulled out without turning on the low beams.
Sorry Wrong.

The easiest way would be to find the power wire source and hook up a switch to turn it off and on. Find the wire going into the light switch and tap it, out to your own switch. :idea:

Did that make sense?

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
actually the easiest way to achieve this would be to get a turn signal stalk from a Jeep Liberty.......should bolt right in..and you can turn the fogs on with the parking lamps :)

Brett

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
EXHAUST DEPOT RULES!

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
im confusedddd . :(

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
just keepin the thread alive.... :twisted:

·
Registered
663 Posts
probably a seperate power switch would be the best bet for turning them on without lights. Keeping them on with high beams should be easy wiring. I'll ask a friend of mine who did it to his maxima. Maybe he can give some insight.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
anyone actually figure this out yet? :shock:

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
i told you, order a turn signal stalk for a 2002 or 2003 Jeep Liberty with fogs......and you will be able to pull out on the switch with just the parking lamps on

Brett

·
Registered
163 Posts
SoloDogg said:
i told you, order a turn signal stalk for a 2002 or 2003 Jeep Liberty with fogs......and you will be able to pull out on the switch with just the parking lamps on

Brett
yes, but what if you want the fogs on without turning on the parking lamps?

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
SoloDogg said:

Brett
And how much is a turn signal stalk oh wise one?

I know some wires,clips and a nice push button switch wont cost mroe than $8 :shock:

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
signal stalk is 72 bucks.....you go ahead and spend your 8 bucks for your ghetto wiring job...i'll stick with the factory appearance, and function

Brett

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
SoloDogg said:
signal stalk is 72 bucks.....you go ahead and spend your 8 bucks for your ghetto wiring job...i'll stick with the factory appearance, and function

Brett
ghetto wiring....hahahahaaahahaaaa, u must have gotten me mixed up with them ricer boys you hang with ...

i'll post a picture for you sppecially ok. I'll be sure to it this weekend for those who are interested in spending $72/10

EDIT: BTW you stalk still does not have the function that we are looking for. We are looking for independent control of the fogs :shock:
have you even verifieed that the stalk wiring is identical for both cars?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
About this Discussion
46 Replies
20 Participants
FASPNY
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing