Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any of you guys on here figure out how to keep the fog lights on when you turn on the high beams? i'm sure it can be done.... i think..... :?:

·
Registered
321 Posts
Don't have the car yet but will look into when it gets here. I did the same thing to my fog lights in my current car. Only bad thing was the chime didn't go off when I left only the fog lights on. I've left them on quite a few times but never a dead battery.. :)

·
Registered
8,268 Posts
mdhavi18 said:
any of you guys on here figure out how to keep the fog lights on when you turn on the high beams? i'm sure it can be done.... i think..... :?:
If someone doesnt do it within the month I will be doing it, and posta hwo to.

Actually i just want to be able to turn on fogs without having to turn on low beams. Very possible, shouldnt be too hard, once u trace out all the wires.

Cali

·
Banned
27,300 Posts
this is when the DCX repair manual would come in handy :wink:

·
Registered
8,268 Posts
edge007 said:
The switch doesnt let you pull it out (to turn on fogs) unless the low beams are on. You may have to take it apart to cut/break/mod it so it can be pulled out without turning on the low beams.
Sorry Wrong.

The easiest way would be to find the power wire source and hook up a switch to turn it off and on. Find the wire going into the light switch and tap it, out to your own switch. :idea:

Did that make sense?

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
EXHAUST DEPOT RULES!

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
just keepin the thread alive.... :twisted:

·
Registered
667 Posts
probably a seperate power switch would be the best bet for turning them on without lights. Keeping them on with high beams should be easy wiring. I'll ask a friend of mine who did it to his maxima. Maybe he can give some insight.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
anyone actually figure this out yet? :shock:

·
Registered
8,268 Posts
SoloDogg said:
i told you, order a turn signal stalk for a 2002 or 2003 Jeep Liberty with fogs......and you will be able to pull out on the switch with just the parking lamps on

Brett
And how much is a turn signal stalk oh wise one?

I know some wires,clips and a nice push button switch wont cost mroe than $8 :shock:

·
Registered
8,268 Posts
SoloDogg said:
signal stalk is 72 bucks.....you go ahead and spend your 8 bucks for your ghetto wiring job...i'll stick with the factory appearance, and function

Brett
ghetto wiring....hahahahaaahahaaaa, u must have gotten me mixed up with them ricer boys you hang with ...

i'll post a picture for you sppecially ok. I'll be sure to it this weekend for those who are interested in spending $72/10

EDIT: BTW you stalk still does not have the function that we are looking for. We are looking for independent control of the fogs :shock:
have you even verifieed that the stalk wiring is identical for both cars?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.