Dodge SRT Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Banned
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Here are some pics of how the output of a Bosch Mini H3 Projector w/Yellow Filter looks like...

Picture of the projector below the cutoff... (it's really much brighter than this)

Picture of the projector above the cutoff...

Here is a video clip of the projector from below the cutoff then above it... back and forth etc... The bluish/purple band of light that is seen vertically is only an optical side affect of the camera's recording ability and not created by the projector.

http://home.comcast.net/~fyx193_3/Mini_H3_Yellow_Filter.AVI
(NOTE: This clip will be removed after a week in order to preserve space on my web server.)

·
Banned
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Just to let everyone know, I have a total of 7 additional sets of Lexus Yellow Capsules that are ready to be retro'd. If anyone else wants in on the group buy for the Lexus Yellow Capsule retrofit, I am still taking orders for them. I can not do any more projector retrofits until this group buy is completed... I don't want to fall too far behind with orders due to the longer build time involved with the projector retro's.

Once I put in the order and receive the new fog lamp housings for this group buy, I can have nearly all Lexus Yellow Capsule retrofits completed and ready to ship within 3 days.

The projector fog retrofits will take about 1 week for each order. I will try to work on 2 sets at a time to get them shipped out quicker.

Once again, the Lexus Yellow Capsule retrofits are much more difficult to acquire, so once these last 7 are spoken for it will be a while before I can get more. I've been slowly acquiring as many of these as I can get my hands on in order to provide this service to everyone. I will continue to offer them, but they will be much more difficult to acquire vs. the projectors. This means that in the future there might be a waiting line for Yellow Capsule orders until I can source them out for each order.

·
Banned
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
If anyone else wants in for any type of retrofit, or even if you need new replacement fog lamps and are not interested in a retrofit, I will add you to the current Group Buy list. I will need full payment up front for those who are interested.

If you just need a New pair of replacement fog lamp housings, I can get them for you for $85 shipped.

I have plenty of Lexus Yellow Capsules ready for retrofits... here is a pic of how many I have at the moment. (Note: I also have another pair being shipped to me to replace one of them which was damaged on arrival.)

·
Banned
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
For a projector retrofit, I doubt it... I used to own a 2001 R/T, so I know how they look. But, the size of them may not allow for the projectors to fit. Plus, they are not circular in shape, which makes it more difficult to fab the shrouds. I just don't think it's going to be possible for me to do it.

If you want me to do the Lexus Yellow Capsule Retrofit, I might be able to do that for you. If you want to use your stock fog lamps, I can try to retrofit them. I already have plenty of capsules in stock, and it would cost you the same as a partial yellow capsule retrofit. I can start working on them as soon as I receive your fogs. Let me know, Thanks!

·
Registered
443 Posts
Thank you, and yeah I figured it wouldn't be possible without ub3rhaX0rz skills. I'll let you know when my yellow bulbs fade out a little more, they're not as yellow as i'd like ..

·
Registered
64 Posts
Has anyone actually gotten anything from this guy? I have paid out $294.00, and been waiting since 3/29/07. All I have gotten so far are excuses.

·
Banned
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
FYX193 said:
vbh2 said:
This is getting a little old dude. Are you going to send the lights? Almost three hundred dollars, and 2 1/2 months later, and I have nothing. Send the lights, or refund my money.
I have already spent your money on the parts & supplies. Why would I refund it. If you read the thread correctly, it states in bold red letters that I have a "No Refunds" policy. The main reason, is because of situations like this where people get too anxious to get custom work done or when problems happen such as this and customers back out. If you want your money back it is your responsibility to sell your spot/product. It's not my fault that Modern Performance shipped the parts to the wrong address. I've been trying for the past 2 weeks to get them shipped back to me, so that I can actually start working on them.

·
Banned
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
BTW, if you don't believe me... here's a quick snap shot of the majority of the parts I do have at this time. I also have the bezels, bolts, nuts, paint, and sealant...etc. Just waiting on the housings.

·
Banned
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I'll try again tonight to contact Matt about the housings. If you have the free time, maybe you can send him a PM or something. I'm heading off to work at the moment.

·
Registered
64 Posts
If anyone else has been a part of this "group buy" and isn't happy with the way they have been treated, please send me an e-mail. It will be three months this week, and I personally feel this guy has had adaquate time to deliver his product. I also feel that it is his responsiblity to do what he has to do, to get his product to his customer. Whether it's next day air shipping, staying up all night working, assembling parts instead of going to the bar, or hanging out with his girlfriend.

·
Banned
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
vbh2 said:
If anyone else has been a part of this "group buy" and isn't happy with the way they have been treated, please send me an e-mail. It will be three months this week, and I personally feel this guy has had adaquate time to deliver his product. I also feel that it is his responsiblity to do what he has to do, to get his product to his customer. Whether it's next day air shipping, staying up all night working, assembling parts instead of going to the bar, or hanging out with his girlfriend.
I can ship you the parts... that I have and you can assemble them if you want. But you're going to have to wait for those damn fog housings just the same as me. I'm not about to spend $250 or more on another order of fog housings, when I don't even have my original order. That would be stupid. I'm doing the best I can. If you want to stop by my place and see that I don't have all the parts, so be it. How is it possible for me to make these retrofits without having the 1 part that makes it all happen. I cannot start working on a damn thing for anyone until those arrive. It's just impossible since everything must fit together with very tight tolerances. When I get yours done, I will make a trip to drop them off to you (vbh2) in person. How's that for getting the product to you. I'll spend much more than it cost for shipping to get the product to you the same day they are completed. I cannot do much more than that to please you, but you seem to be the only person on this group buy that has complained to me via PM about this issue multiple times. I know how every one of you feel about waiting so long for a product you paid for. I'm one of those customers, who is still waiting for a ported intake manifold since December of 2005 from FullyBuiltMotorsports. I'm a nice person, so you don't see me threatening or bitching to them about my manifold. I too am waiting for a new set of fog housings in this very same group buy. I've been driving around for the last several months without a fog lamp on one side. You just need a little patience man, hold it together and you will be very pleased by the performance of this product. I'm not in this business to scam people. And if I keep getting issues with parts like this, then I will consider no longer doing business here.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm sorry. I didn't realize this was going to be my Christmas present! Just take your time, and finish those lights when you get a chance.
Anyone else need some money? I'll send you a few hundred, and you can post some j-pegs of something cool that I bought.

·
Banned
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
FYX193 said:
Got some good news guys!

I'm finally getting those Fog housings shipped to me.

They are supposed to be shipped out on Monday.

I'll update the thread as soon as I get them in. The Yellow capsules will go out a day or two after I get the fogs in, and the 1st projector retrofit will go out a week after that. I'll keep you guys posted. I'm sorry everyone has had to wait this long, but we will have progress!

I posted this in the other thread relating to this group buy... I must have forgot to put it in this thread as well. I'm still waiting for them, but they should be here soon.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Let me guess....you are still waiting on housings, and it will be a couple more weeks? I am seriously (SERIOUSLY) getting tired of this situation, and driving around with a broken fog!

·
Banned
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
AlliedComposites said:
no no, he was doing an unexpected engine swap, and that slowed down teh delivery man
I have not been involved in an engine swap, so I don't know how you can say this. Matt Cresto may be involved in an engine swap, which may have caused the delay in delivering the fog housings. However, I am at least 4-5 hours drive away from Matt, so I cannot say for sure what is causing the delay. However, I have already discussed this issue in other thread(s).

George (AlliedComposites), I don't know what I did to you to cause your issues with me recently, but you need to keep your opinions to yourself. I don't recall ever giving you problems when I was doing business with you.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts