Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today I finally installed my AEM CAI and GReddy catch can. good news is that the installation was a success, only question is why there is now a flutter when I shift gears? Is this normal for an aftermarket cold air intake? I still have 13 reading on the boost gauge so that's good and my bov is louder now, but I just don't know with the flutter.

Is this a bad thing? Is it normal? Someone's gotta know.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I have the same thing cold air kit as you and the flutter is normal.... Why I do not know. Some one else chime in.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jfsrt4 said:
When exactly is the flutter. I would say your fine because what you installed cant really hurt anything...
I get it in 1st and 2nd when I haven't pushed any boost

·
Registered
100 Posts
flutter is just excess air that was not released by the wastegate and is being forced back into the fins of the turbo...completely normal you just notice more because of the very unrestrictive intake

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
flutter was always there - you just did not hear it before because of the design of your airbox. Now, it is alot more resonant (Wider & made of metal vs plastic - also, it is terminated at a paper cone, and not in a platsic box like the stocker).
SO, noise was always there - now it is just not being silenced as much. Alot of SRIs also make a whistling sound when you go in high boost - normal as well.
Now just relax & enjoy your ride :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts