Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My best was [email protected] 93 MPH, with MAD CRAZY UNSTABLE BOOST! :roll:

Raptor ran a 14.2 , but im sure he will post later! :shock:

Grunge? Still trying to get that launch down when I left. :roll:

This was my first time at the track evar!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
27,026 Posts
it was fun but all street cars got shafted in staging as track personel didnt allow much time between the time you stage and the time he triggers the tree. Saw my first real H22 EG swapped hatch aswell as my first blown Thunderbird. Great turn out on the street side of the event but there were plenty of sick drag cars. Grunge u alive?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,247 Posts
Just made it home. Quark rode with me and gave me some pointers on launching. I improved everytime except the last time when I launched too hard and got some spin and wheel hopping. About half way home I got a check engine light and checked the code to be P 1188. I'm still wondering what that is. Anyone know?? Thanks.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
6,317 Posts
Do a search Grunge, you'll find the info there.

Hope you guys had fun, glad everything went safely. :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,985 Posts
acr2nv said:
it was fun but all street cars got shafted in staging as track personel didnt allow much time between the time you stage and the time he triggers the tree.
Once you're staged, you need to be 100% ready. That's why they use two staging lights. Use the first staging light to make sure you are prepped (rpm at the right level, etc.), then ease up slowly to trip the second light. At that point, put all your concentration on the tree, because it will trigger fast once both cars are staged.

Sorry I missed the fun! I've only got 150 or so miles in mine... need to break it in a bit more before heading for the track.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,294 Posts
I got 3 runs in
14.236 with a 2.336 60'
14.417 with a 2.104 60' :oops: (missed 3rd)
14.333 with a 2.161 60' major wheel hop in 1st, and spun through 2nd. Shot in-car video on the last run, I'll post it ASAP, but the camera went nuts on the wheel hop


Met some great people from the TR board, and a couple of cool WRX owners (Hey Billy, what did you end up running ? ) :wink:

Had an interesting conversation with an un-named person. He was NOT one of the WRX owners I mentioned above. It went something like this:

Other: "Is your SRT stock ?"
ME: "No, I did the hood mod"
Other: OH, well the WRX that will beat it is stock. It only has CAI."
ME: " So it's not stock"
Other: " No, it's stock, that's just cold air intake."
ME: "So that would make mine stock with the hood mod."
Other: "No, that's a modification. Besides, his WRX will run 14.0"
ME: " I ran a 14.0 before the hood mod, with only 800 miles on the car. I figure I can get it down into the 13.9 range with some more practice, and the right track conditions."
Other: "The WRX will still beat you"

Other talking to buddies: "Yea, he'll get it down into 13.9, when the planets align"

I'll not mention what the "other" person was driving :lol:
Looks like I'm going to watch the stars and make a thursday night trip back to Bradenton. :twisted:


Great seeing everyone who showed up, ended up with a total of 300 miles today, what a hoot. Time for that oil change.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OMG!!!!
I had bad vibrations around 70MPH like wheels were out of balance, btu I just had them mounted and balanced FRIDAY!
As I was putting my stock wheels back on, I noticed one of the drag radials were put on backwards!!!!!!!!!!! :roll: :shock:

Watch for them firestond wetodds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,294 Posts
I can hear the replies to Cali now," It doesn't matter if they put one on backwards, this car doesn't have LSD"..... :lol: :wink: :lol: :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RaptorRed said:
I can hear the replies to Cali now," It doesn't matter if they put one on backwards, this car doesn't have LSD"..... :lol: :wink: :lol: :p
well Ill answer them now....DR's are one directional ( rotation ) tires, just like our stock tires.......

I'm sure that may have killed 2/10 off my best et!!!! :evil: :shock:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,671 Posts
cali said:
OMG!!!!
I had bad vibrations around 70MPH like wheels were out of balance, btu I just had them mounted and balanced FRIDAY!
As I was putting my stock wheels back on, I noticed one of the drag radials were put on backwards!!!!!!!!!!! :roll: :shock:

Watch for them firestond wetodds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Firestone? That says it all...

14.6 thats all you did with Drag radials??? WoW :? What happend? Too much grip, bogging down the engine? Or not enough feathering?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,294 Posts
Cali's SRT has some issues...mainly not enough boost. He's running about 5-6 pounds less than I am , and I'm running stock.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,093 Posts
When you go to the track, you dont have to launch until your ready.

YOur 1/4 mile and MPH will still be the same. What will be different is yoru reaction time, but who cares unless your in competition.

Your 60', mph and 1/4 mile time will be the same and thats what matters.

When i ran my [email protected], I let the civic take off ahead of me. About 1 sec later I took off and still manage to pass him.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
daytonagts said:
cali said:
OMG!!!!
I had bad vibrations around 70MPH like wheels were out of balance, btu I just had them mounted and balanced FRIDAY!
As I was putting my stock wheels back on, I noticed one of the drag radials were put on backwards!!!!!!!!!!! :roll: :shock:

Watch for them firestond wetodds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Firestone? That says it all...

14.6 thats all you did with Drag radials??? WoW :? What happend? Too much grip, bogging down the engine? Or not enough feathering?
Go read the biggest thread in the dealer/srt problem section!!
That forums should be dedicated to my sorry asss car
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,294 Posts
Gotta love it. Even with all the problems, Cali still managed a respectable 14.6 !!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
354 Posts
Exhaust Depot said:
When you go to the track, you dont have to launch until your ready.

YOur 1/4 mile and MPH will still be the same. What will be different is yoru reaction time, but who cares unless your in competition.

Your 60', mph and 1/4 mile time will be the same and thats what matters.

When i ran my [email protected], I let the civic take off ahead of me. About 1 sec later I took off and still manage to pass him.
Exactly, reaction times will not effect your E/T. I usually do the same, sitting at the line to make sure I have my car where I want it for the launch, when I am practicing. That way you can really pay attention to what you are doing and then see what type of launch worked the best for you.

And, as far as the tree being fast??? No, it was right on target, when you line up and trip that "Stage" light, you need to be ready to go...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yup tree was fine for me too....

Only problem was idioots who kept staging without me pre staging.
I was being nice after reading about track courtesy, but i guess idiots are all around......
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,247 Posts
Yeah, same here. The car in front always went straight up and staged. I guess everyone isn't familiar with that courtesy. I'll just have to be quicker next time. :lol:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
27,026 Posts
RaptorRed said:
I got 3 runs in
14.236 with a 2.336 60'
14.417 with a 2.104 60' :oops: (missed 3rd)
14.333 with a 2.161 60' major wheel hop in 1st, and spun through 2nd. Shot in-car video on the last run, I'll post it ASAP, but the camera went nuts on the wheel hop


Met some great people from the TR board, and a couple of cool WRX owners (Hey Billy, what did you end up running ? ) :wink:

Had an interesting conversation with an un-named person. He was NOT one of the WRX owners I mentioned above. It went something like this:

Other: "Is your SRT stock ?"
ME: "No, I did the hood mod"
Other: OH, well the WRX that will beat it is stock. It only has CAI."
ME: " So it's not stock"
Other: " No, it's stock, that's just cold air intake."
ME: "So that would make mine stock with the hood mod."
Other: "No, that's a modification. Besides, his WRX will run 14.0"
ME: " I ran a 14.0 before the hood mod, with only 800 miles on the car. I figure I can get it down into the 13.9 range with some more practice, and the right track conditions."
Other: "The WRX will still beat you"

Other talking to buddies: "Yea, he'll get it down into 13.9, when the planets align"

I'll not mention what the "other" person was driving :lol:
Looks like I'm going to watch the stars and make a thursday night trip back to Bradenton. :twisted:


Great seeing everyone who showed up, ended up with a total of 300 miles today, what a hoot. Time for that oil change.
LOL you dont say Raptorred...the moon and the stars eehh? :lol: Thanks for everything though i'll just have to pray for them stars and the moon to align :lol: :lol:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,247 Posts
That only works on SRT 4's, not what you have. :lol: :lol: :lol: I think that was Dodge's second selling point: "When the planets are aligned, this thing is pretty darn fast!". :lol: :lol:
 
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Top