Dodge SRT Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Replace all carpet pads, pressure rinse the carpet, scrub with an automotive carpet shampoo, pressure rinse, hang dry.

Same with seats, replace seat foam, and repeat pressure wash method above.

Rent an ozone generator and run in the car overnight. While wearing a face mask, open all doors and windows and allow the car to air out for 30-60 minutes. Steam clean the floor pan and all interior plastics. Most likely the headliner foam has absorbed the smell so the ozone generator will help with that.

Replace your cabin air filter and run at least one can of 1Z Einszett Klima Kleaner through the air system.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I have officially cleaned all pieces of interior and everything is dry as of now. I used a multi-purpose spray that kills all molds and bacteria. anyway im probably gonna start putting my interior back in tmro. what is an ozone generator? ive been using tons of baking soda for the smell absorption.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Well just got my title in the mail and they decided that although it was totaled-out, that they would keep the title clean.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
well its my understanding that the lien holder, the bank, had the option to have the title marked or keep it clean and they chose to keep it clean.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
well its my understanding that the lien holder, the bank, had the option to have the title marked or keep it clean and they chose to keep it clean.
The lien holder doesn't care as long as they get their money. The insurance company is paying the bank. If you had the title they would pay you. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense why the bank would have any input.

Depends on the law in your state. I know that if a car suffers a total loss from water the title must be branded. At least in Virginia.

I drove through about 6 in of water at 35mph and it created a wave of sorts up my firewall leading to water entering the intake mani which was above the exhaust mani (1gn neon). The car was never flooded per se but since I placed a claim against my insurance company they totaled it out and branded the title. I had the original title in hand and received a notice from the DMV about 45-60 days later wanting the original, and they would re-issue a branded title at no cost.

Whatever people say get it in writing/email/recorded conversation etc.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
well it would be nice to keep it clean for resale value but my insurance is still going to insure it like a clean title car... idk i will ask now im curious...

41 - 50 of 50 Posts
About this Discussion
49 Replies
13 Participants
bsneon98
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing