Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Forum Moderator
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and the dealer are going round and round on this, I about got in a fight out in the parking lot with one of them, I called had my car towed to the dealer, and they tell me a used pcm can not be flashed, I printed out the how-to and they still wont do it, they think they are going to burn out the skim module by messing with it...Total Idiots at outer banks chrysler in NC, I called tysinger dodge in va, service rep was like "we do it all the time, you have your car at a dodge dealer and they cant figure it out" Now the service manager is going to call Tysinger ,which is another 2 hours from this dealership, to try and figure it out...Looks like I might need to trailer or tow it again....arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :flame:

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
send it to flight systems. its cheaper and they do it in about a week. go to the vendor section, look for mopar supercenter and then they have a thread about reflashing pcms. as long as its for a specific year. thats all i know.

·
Administrator
39,215 Posts
it's a stock pcm, flight systems won't do a stock pcm.

who have you been talking to at the dealer? I might swing by tomorrow and see what's going on.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
stowaway said:
it's a stock pcm, flight systems won't do a stock pcm.

who have you been talking to at the dealer? I might swing by tomorrow and see what's going on.

ah i c, my bad thanks for clearing that up for me..hope everything works out

·
Forum Moderator
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bruce in service is very helpfull, but he is between me and the techs, the old tech with funky teeth was who was working on it, he thinks that the vin is burnt into the computer and can not ever be re-flashed with a new one, he is sadly mistaken. He has the other tech, a younger guy, scared that he is going to burn up a whole bunch of modules in my car if he messes with it. They wont even try to hook the DRB up to it...Bruce is supposed to call Tysinger tomorrow, they want me to bring the car to them, but its a pain when they have the DRB right there, I wish they would let me use it for about five minutes.....Help if you can Aaron, I will be up there also 252-473-0548 is my cell......

·
Registered
312 Posts
18psiacr said:
send it to flight systems. its cheaper and they do it in about a week. go to the vendor section, look for mopar supercenter and then they have a thread about reflashing pcms. as long as its for a specific year. thats all i know.
can you post a link to this, i looked but couldnt find it

·
Forum Moderator
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
5 minutes at tysinger dodge...done, running great....did not even have to take it off the trailer.......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts