Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so motor was rebuilt timing is know perfect , and got all 4 cylinders firing . fixed a coil pack issue . but know I get an 02 sensor code , even though I replace both of them 1 wasn't 100 percent the correct fit but I made it work , maybe that my issue but , another problem I'm having is throttle when I log it shows it only opens at 87 % is that normal ?

·
Super Moderator
15,823 Posts
Sometimes when you do work on the downside sensor it will throw the 02 code. I know when I deleted mine the code was thrown once (with the borla mopar exhaust) and after deletion never came back. However with other issues I'd be careful to try and track what they may be. Are you saying your throttle will only go to 87%? I'm not sure I understand.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah the 02 issue is more then likely due to old fuel, cars been sitting for 2 years . may have messed up the sensor , or the fact that the plug was modified to work.

but yeah when i press the throttle all the way down it only reads 80 percent wife open. and when it's at idle .

·
Registered
568 Posts
-13% isnt a good thing Does it stay there?

are you running a cat? what does the front and rear correlation look like

Also you might have to do a tps circuit test and see if you have a bad connector.

are you running an aftermarket tb?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
for the 141 code. Pull the rear 02 connector, stick a test light between the heater pins and turn the car igniton on if it lights up then the circuts good and the 02 sensor heater circuit is bad, which is an easy replacement. Stick with NTK.

These cars HATE bosch 02 sensors couldn't tell you why but they just aren't compatible.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I fixed the coil pack connector . for some reason on of the pins was up side down . don't know how or why. so I flipped it over and didn't see much of a change.

know I'm trying to figure out the tps wiring .

I have a stock throttle but my vac lines are hooked up crazy because I can't find rubber L shape vacuum connectors . so there all plugged in, but I'm not sure if there all 100 percent where they belong. I have a hard time following the diagrams .

the voltage when cold is negative then bounces around .
does your scanner thingy have a chart function so you can see what the sensors are doing?

I'll have to check. it shows graphs .

·
Super Moderator
15,823 Posts
Good GOD technology has come so far in the last 20 years... I've got an aeroforce interceptor gauge with hard to read LED numbers, and I can only see 2 parameters at once. Here you are on your phone with everything at one time LOL. I better catch up! :D

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Good GOD technology has come so far in the last 20 years... I've got an aeroforce interceptor gauge with hard to read LED numbers, and I can only see 2 parameters at once. Here you are on your phone with everything at one time LOL. I better catch up! :D
I'm just a man so handling more than one thing at a time is tricky and handling two things at a time is my limit 🤣 So my Aeroforce Scanpro from 2004 will do me just fine.

·
Registered
568 Posts
lol, I finally broke down and got a real scan tool..The Launch 431xv is a god send. My wifes broken her keys a few times her cars we owned and just not paying the dealership 400 bucks a shot has paid for the tool.

I also own a lab grade 2 channel oscilloscope. You would never believe how much easier troubleshooting has become with good tools.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I fixed the coil pack connector . for some reason on of the pins was up side down . don't know how or why. so I flipped it over and didn't see much of a change.

know I'm trying to figure out the tps wiring .

I have a stock throttle but my vac lines are hooked up crazy because I can't find rubber L shape vacuum connectors . so there all plugged in, but I'm not sure if there all 100 percent where they belong. I have a hard time following the diagrams .

the voltage when cold is negative then bounces around .

I'll have to check. it shows graphs .
you can buy an entirely new vaccume harness from modern, Also any junkyard is a good source for vacume parts. i usually yank out all the fuses, relays and random elbows and t's i can find on a trip through.

Follow the troubleshooting steps in the FSM for the tps. you can't really adjust the stock ones.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
you can buy an entirely new vaccume harness from modern, Also any junkyard is a good source for vacume parts. i usually yank out all the fuses, relays and random elbows and t's i can find on a trip through.

Follow the troubleshooting steps in the FSM for the tps. you can't really adjust the stock ones.

funny you say the junkyard was there yesterday pulled of like $50 bucks worth. another issue of mine was the store bought connectors would crack in like a weeks time . so the junkyard ones are all Chrysler and Ford ones . much better quality.

as for the lines there on their temporary until I can find the correct fittings to make them all work in harmony .

·
Registered
568 Posts
funny you say the junkyard was there yesterday pulled of like $50 bucks worth. another issue of mine was the store bought connectors would crack in like a weeks time . so the junkyard ones are all Chrysler and Ford ones . much better quality.

as for the lines there on their temporary until I can find the correct fittings to make them all work in harmony .
Dorman is complete garbage.. OEM stuff actually stays together.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts