Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I was looking on my local five star dodge dealers online inventory list and It said that they had three SRT-4's on the lot. Two of them were 05's, one was red and one was orange blast. The other was a red '04. I am going to buy an SRT-4 in one month to the day and i wanted to see the orange blast. So i went over to the dealer this afternoon and asked to see there orande blast '05 SRT-4. This is what the salesman said "They don't make the SRT-4's in an Orange Blast and we are not going to get any '05's for another month or so." So i asked him how come it said on their website that they had two '05's and one was orange blast? He said no one ever updates the online inventory. He said "updates", which to any knowledgeable person means the online inventory is out of date which would suggest that they already sold the three listed and had them at one time. But no that wasn't the case. So i said goodbye and walked out the other door, and there are two red SRT-4's outside and i look at the stickers and one is an '05. This is the third time that i have talked to a different person about the SRT-4 and have been given false information from three different people. These guys are a five star dealership and with the mopar parts i want to put on it i sure as hell am not gonna do it through these guys. If anyone wants to buy a car from Maxwell Dodge in Austin, Texas DON"T! Bad knowledge and poor customer care about simple questions and concerns. Anyone know if i can file a complaint or anything!

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
dude no shit i could have told you this go to allen samuels dodge off of I 35 and 183 best fucking dealership im talking warantee wise im still covered with my mods and they have great service when anything goes wrong, um really you should check them out and say that I sent you i can give u a card so u get money off and it looks good for me.. =) those bastards on 620 fucking wouldnt even let me touch the god damn car and i came to test drive it with mys tep dad sob's i luv blowing off bye them...

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
well although you may be pretty pissed but thats just stupid sales people. most of the time the salesmen dont know a dam thing about cars anyways. i wouldnt worry about putting your aftermarket parts on by them because the service guys are very knowledgeable. by the way the orange isnt that impressive. its ok but looks more like a copper/gold combo.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
as it should besides the fact that they are ass's, i wasnt going to tear up theere srt4 with 2 other people in it, atleast not anymore then the gay salesman did..

·
Registered
232 Posts
most of the time the salesmen dont know a dam thing about cars anyways
Soo true.Back in the day I recall a Honda salesperson trying to tell a person the Integra Type-R came with a V6.

Around here I was browsing the Honda lot waiting for an extra key to be made and I was looking at the 2004 Civic Si, a salesmen said its got the same motor as the RSX-S

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Maxwell Dodge on 620/Lakecreek is where I bought my '03 and I am very happy with the dealership. Very knowledgeable service and parts and an air conditioned service/Dyno area.
The only Dodge Dealer in the Austin area that has a salesman that drives an SRT4 that I know of.
Be a little carefull at Allen Samuels, they are the Dealership that advertised a Stage 2 car on E-Bay 3 months before it was available (it was just a wheel/tire, wastegate and intake, high mileage car, NOT Stage 2).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
someone at the 620 dealer said one of there guys owned an SRT-4 and knew a lot about them. Do you know his name by chance?

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I think 5 star only means they sell a certain amount of cars per year. I think......

·
Banned
10,541 Posts
Steiner said:
This post will have more impact than any complaint you could ever file.
...in terms of srt/neon people who will see it. this also assumes that he moves it to the texas forum. that will get it the most pertinant exposure.

j.r.:king:

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Not to jack your thread... But dealing with all these uneducated car salesman makes me think i can sell cars wayyyy better than they car... just because i know what i am talking about... and if i dont... i will not pretend.

·
Registered
193 Posts
5 star means you have to have a 92% satisfaction rating in all aspects of the dealership, meaning service, sales, parts, detailing etc. I sell for dodge in michigan. When guys come in looking for an srt (which we have 2 of in red and black rite now) They procede to tell me how they want the sunroof put in and the kicker sound system taken out because that is an option they don't want. This goes on and on before I tell them unless they want some stage kits put in they don't have a choice about options because only so few come into the dealer and they come from the factory this way. I tell them all the shit they want to know and I even take them out side to see mine and then they get shitty about the payment and the fact that there are no discounts and basically I have to let them walk despite the fact that I would love to sell them the car because I love mine so much. I know what I am talking about with this car. No bullshit. If you want a car from an srt owner (03) that sells them, find your way to michign and I can help you. Pm me if you want some details. The rest of those clowns might not no shit but I can help you.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Roo said:
I think 5 star only means they sell a certain amount of cars per year. I think......

thats one nice ass on your sig there bud. LOL

·
Registered
287 Posts
SCOTTJJ said:
5 star means you have to have a 92% satisfaction rating in all aspects of the dealership, meaning service, sales, parts, detailing etc. I sell for dodge in michigan. When guys come in looking for an srt (which we have 2 of in red and black rite now) They procede to tell me how they want the sunroof put in and the kicker sound system taken out because that is an option they don't want. This goes on and on before I tell them unless they want some stage kits put in they don't have a choice about options because only so few come into the dealer and they come from the factory this way. I tell them all the shit they want to know and I even take them out side to see mine and then they get shitty about the payment and the fact that there are no discounts and basically I have to let them walk despite the fact that I would love to sell them the car because I love mine so much. I know what I am talking about with this car. No bullshit. If you want a car from an srt owner (03) that sells them, find your way to michign and I can help you. Pm me if you want some details. The rest of those clowns might not no shit but I can help you.
I know you just glossed over it to satisfy these board members, but there is more to it that that. Like the dumb certification tests i have to take. And the actual parts requirements(im a parts guy) they have. For example we HAVE to have a area dedicated to old warrenty parts in neat numberd bins ect.. There are alot of little requirements.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts