Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought 3mm wheel spacers, for the REV Model II 17" rims w/ 42mm offset. I almost got the clearance i need, from the brake calipers.

Unfortunately, not enough. I need some 5mm wheel spacers, if im going to get these to fit.

Am I pressing my luck to do this? Should I not even bother to do it, due to the risks with a 5mm spacer?

Another question is. Why do they sell wheel spacers, if they are dangerous to use.
Tire/wheel store says, if they do not fit. They dont go with the car.

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
get longer studs and a 5mm spacer.

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
wheel spacers!

First, DO NOT GRIND ON YOU FRIGGIN CALIPER!!!!!!!!!

Just to let you know, race cars use whell spacers all the time. They do this to adj the track width of the car.

If you really want to use these wheels, and really need spacers. Do your self a big favor, go out and get some longer wheel studs.

Reason bing is, when you use a spacer, you shorten the amount that the lug nut can bite on to. If you install a spacer of whatever size, you are going to have that much less holding your weel on. and could lose a wheel. :eeeek:

If i am not mistaken, ARP has longer wheel studs for this car. And just to make sure you get, or order the right ones. Go buy 1 stock wheel stud, look an d see wat the specs are on the stud, like the knurl size. Then when you get the new ones, you will get them right the first time.

For the guys that grinded on his caliper, If I were you, i would do the same thing I told dazone. In the long run, if you brakes go out, guess what. when the ins cmp see that caliper, no money for wrecked car.

·
Registered
376 Posts
what color are they? i thinnk i just bought those for my car in hyper black, got them put on thursday , and yea pain in the ass havin to go get spacers, and 5 mm yes. but drives the same to me, i love the feel, got toyos on them and wow, great tires... i took a 25 mph curve at 70 and didnt feel shit

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
NIVO88T said:
you need some of these homie!

5mm/6mm spacer

Unfortunately Town Fair tire gave up on selling them to the public.
Just these alone without longer studs? thanks for the nfo guys.

·
Forum Moderator
13,295 Posts
I don't really see too much of an issue with grinding the caliper as long as its not excessive. The caliper itself is just a housing for the piston inside. I'm sure there is a level of thickness to the housing so as long as you don't compromise that there should be no worries.

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the nfo.. As long as i get a minimum of 8turns with the 5mm spacer. I should be set. I will update when i get the spacers. thank you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.