Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First off, thanks for the great service!

So, Ok, well technically this isn't my first weekend, it's the first one that I will count though. Last Friday I made 2.2 passes. I did 2 runs to check boost and af's. All good, so I tried my first launch, 14 psi in the 24.5-8.5-15 racemaster slicks. I heat them up a little, rev to some unknown rpm between 3-4.5k I would say, and just let out the clutch and bam! I was thrown back pretty good, and it feels pretty good, and somewhere between 2nd and 3rd, throttle cable snaps:wah?!::wah?!::wah?!:
Ya, tell me about it. Anyways, that was only a 1.93 60ft, but I could really feel the difference over my ET streets that I have run, and my 2 best 60 fts were 1.89 and 1.92 on those.
The biggest difference apart from major traction launching (the Et Streets do pretty well once they hook) is how soft the launch felt, like butter. It was like a freakin cushion on the drivetrain, and smooth.

OK, fast forward to this weekend. Friday I made 2 passes, and decided to do no burnout and leave them at 14 psi again. First run scared the sh!t out of me. like before, I revved to some rpm and let her go, 1.85 60ft. Then the rest of the run was meh because I was kinda shocked still from the launch. it ended up a 12.20 at 119. So once more, around 7:30pm, it had cooled off , I tried basically the same thing, 1.95 60ft, yet I was ready this time to shift better after the initial shock, and improved slightly in the shifting running 12.01 at 121.2.

OK, today I made one pass, yet it was about to rain, so very humid and about 85 degrees. I could see the rain coming so I hoped for a good pass.
1.85 60ft, 11.9 at 119.8. I went home very happy with my rain check. I can't believe that I already ran an 11 on these. As anyone who knows me knows, I like to take it slow. For all three of this weekends runs I never even heated them up . (kinda like having a power reserve lol)

Man I just can't get over how smooth the launches are, and it definitely takes away the drivetrain shock that DOT's deliver on a fwd car when they hook. I spent all of October 2006 chasing after my first 11, even September. And ran many 12.0's - 12.3's anywhere from 118-123. And rarely ever ran better than 1.9-2.0 60 fts. till I finally ran one 11 sec pass at 123.7.

Here I feel like I haven't even tried that hard and ran 2 1.85's already, and one 11.

so we will see as I get used to them, get the tune nice and tight, what we can do.
That was about 23 psi on a gt3076, lifting.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
First off, thanks for the great service!

So, Ok, well technically this isn't my first weekend, it's the first one that I will count though. Last Friday I made 2.2 passes. I did 2 runs to check boost and af's. All good, so I tried my first launch, 14 psi in the 24.5-8.5-15 racemaster slicks. I heat them up a little, rev to some unknown rpm between 3-4.5k I would say, and just let out the clutch and bam! I was thrown back pretty good, and it feels pretty good, and somewhere between 2nd and 3rd, throttle cable snaps:wah?!::wah?!::wah?!:
Ya, tell me about it. Anyways, that was only a 1.93 60ft, but I could really feel the difference over my ET streets that I have run, and my 2 best 60 fts were 1.89 and 1.92 on those.
The biggest difference apart from major traction launching (the Et Streets do pretty well once they hook) is how soft the launch felt, like butter. It was like a freakin cushion on the drivetrain, and smooth.

OK, fast forward to this weekend. Friday I made 2 passes, and decided to do no burnout and leave them at 14 psi again. First run scared the sh!t out of me. like before, I revved to some rpm and let her go, 1.85 60ft. Then the rest of the run was meh because I was kinda shocked still from the launch. it ended up a 12.20 at 119. So once more, around 7:30pm, it had cooled off , I tried basically the same thing, 1.95 60ft, yet I was ready this time to shift better after the initial shock, and improved slightly in the shifting running 12.01 at 121.2.

OK, today I made one pass, yet it was about to rain, so very humid and about 85 degrees. I could see the rain coming so I hoped for a good pass.
1.85 60ft, 11.9 at 119.8. I went home very happy with my rain check. I can't believe that I already ran an 11 on these. As anyone who knows me knows, I like to take it slow. For all three of this weekends runs I never even heated them up . (kinda like having a power reserve lol)

Man I just can't get over how smooth the launches are, and it definitely takes away the drivetrain shock that DOT's deliver on a fwd car when they hook. I spent all of October 2006 chasing after my first 11, even September. And ran many 12.0's - 12.3's anywhere from 118-123. And rarely ever ran better than 1.9-2.0 60 fts. till I finally ran one 11 sec pass at 123.7.

Here I feel like I haven't even tried that hard and ran 2 1.85's already, and one 11.

so we will see as I get used to them, get the tune nice and tight, what we can do.
That was about 23 psi on a gt3076, lifting.

Good story MASSSRT, good story :thumbsup: wait untill you warm them up alittle more and work with the air pressure. :clap: You are doing the right thing here baby steps is the way to go. :thumbsup:

John
M&H

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
Good job mass!!! ive driven alot of M&H slick cars over the last 5 years...i always love the reaction i get from the owners when i ask them what they found on the tires when they got em:hi:

only those who have purchased from john know what im talking about

anyhow first thing i tell these guys is sit back, hang on and be ready to snatch 2nd cause 1st comes and goes pretty quick. They normally are so socked from the grip/launch they have to get used to getting tossed in the seat like that :lol:

john i'll be contacting you soon.....26x8s or 26x10s:readclose

·
Registered
7,826 Posts
Good job mass!!! ive driven alot of M&H slick cars over the last 5 years...i always love the reaction i get from the owners when i ask them what they found on the tires when they got em:hi:

only those who have purchased from john know what im talking about

anyhow first thing i tell these guys is sit back, hang on and be ready to snatch 2nd cause 1st comes and goes pretty quick. They normally are so socked from the grip/launch they have to get used to getting tossed in the seat like that :lol:

john i'll be contacting you soon.....26x8s or 26x10s:readclose
I second this statement. Huge difference when I ran my M&H slicks versus my street tires. :) I was through 1st and 2nd gear so fast that I had to almost relearn shifting. Biggest problem I had was getting locked out of a gear shifting at redline. Get the WOT box from N2MB with the 2 step feature. Wait until you try launching with some boost already built up off the line. JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!:wah?!: That is a rush. :)

Just WOT shift 1st through 4th gear. LOL I am am in 3rd gear within seconds.

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I went out tonight for 2 runs before the rain
(the rain is a daily occurence this year:stab:)
for some reason I was only boosting 19 psi after messing with the bc.
Besides that, I did the same thing, the slicks should have been around 14 psi,
I didn't check:rofl: and it was pig rich.
First run 1.77 60ft. still havent heated them up, and again I was surprised by the launch, and did some so so shifts... 12.30 at 117. I was sitting forwards and it threw me back and I was lightheaded hahaha.
Then one more, just revved it up and dump, 1.79 60 ft, shifted better and ran 12.09 at 118. I was at least happy with the 60 fts. I have no idea what went better, since they felt like the 1.85's.
I am amazed since I feel like I still havent put much effort into launching yet, just rev it up to wherever and dump it:rofl:

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
WWWWWWOOOOOOOOW, you went from a 1.85 down to a 1.77 60ty :wah?!: STOP playing with us MASSSRT, you are doing something right. :clap: GOOD JOOOOOOOB :thumbsup:, the best thing you can do is, write everything down after your pass.

John
M&H

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks!

funny thing is there isnt anything to write down yet
they were actually at 12-13 psi when I checked them yesterday, so they were probably there Friday. But yesterday I ran at 14 psi and did a 1.78, I havent even paid attention to the rpms yet, since I was still just getting used to them, but I think in the bracket I revved too high, doing a 2.0.
but doing a 2.0 when I screw up? omg, I used to do 2.4's when I screwed up before. Now I just need to get used to that getting thrown back feeling.

I will say that I love them, and cant wait to make some more passes.

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
WWWWWWOOOOOOOOW, you went from a 1.85 down to a 1.77 60ty :wah?!: STOP playing with us MASSSRT, you are doing something right. :clap: GOOD JOOOOOOOB :thumbsup:, the best thing you can do is, write everything down after your pass.

John
M&H
OK, well yesterday I tried 13 psi, driving the same way, only at 23 psi of boost.

my first pass was a 1.82 60 ft (12.3 at 120......... missed 3rd)
then my next 6-7 runs were all mid 1.9's
after like 2 1.9's in a row, I double checked the pressure, because there wasnt that much time between runs.
They were up over 14, so I let some air out, back down to 13. And did like 3 more 1.9's..... hmmm.
Now I am definitely with the 'write everything down ' concept, because that was annoying lol.
I was like stuck at the 12.0 barrier, running 4- 12.0's, and a 12.1 and 12.2 all at 120-123mph :rofl:
I did one small burnout, which ended up being just spin the tires because I pulled forward too soon, and another 1.9.

So, I do have datalogs saved, and I am going to look at them.
Yesterday was probably the hottest day I have run, and I'm not sure how that affects it. So, I guess I will adjust the psi, and see how that goes.
It seems from a cold start, 14 psi and no burnout is great for me.
Once they heat up a bit, I probably need to let out some pressure.
And then, when I try heating them up, I may let out more pressure.

I wish a track was open today:stab:

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
OK, well yesterday I tried 13 psi, driving the same way, only at 23 psi of boost.

my first pass was a 1.82 60 ft (12.3 at 120......... missed 3rd)
then my next 6-7 runs were all mid 1.9's
after like 2 1.9's in a row, I double checked the pressure, because there wasnt that much time between runs.
They were up over 14, so I let some air out, back down to 13. And did like 3 more 1.9's..... hmmm.
Now I am definitely with the 'write everything down ' concept, because that was annoying lol.
I was like stuck at the 12.0 barrier, running 4- 12.0's, and a 12.1 and 12.2 all at 120-123mph :rofl:
I did one small burnout, which ended up being just spin the tires because I pulled forward too soon, and another 1.9.

So, I do have datalogs saved, and I am going to look at them.
Yesterday was probably the hottest day I have run, and I'm not sure how that affects it. So, I guess I will adjust the psi, and see how that goes.
It seems from a cold start, 14 psi and no burnout is great for me.
Once they heat up a bit, I probably need to let out some pressure.
And then, when I try heating them up, I may let out more pressure.

I wish a track was open today:stab:
This is how it all starts, keep up the good work and keep us posted.:thumbsup:

John
M&H

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
This is how it all starts, keep up the good work and keep us posted.:thumbsup:

John
M&H
OK, well I made a bunch of runs the past 2 days,
all 1.8-2.2 60 fts 12.0's-12.2.s mostly at 122-123.
I wasn't really methodical with my psi and launch rpms, but now I kinda wish I was. I really didn't go down past 13 psi which may have been a bad move,
so now I need a nice day to just go and only work on my launch.
The car was putting down some nice power, now I just need to get out of the hole. There are a couple locals who know how to launch, so I'm gonna have to be a student.
In spite of that, I love the slicks! Launching on them is sick, and definitely softer on the driveline. Today alone I did like 11 passes at 4-5k dumps :rofl:

Heres a couple of the runs, first is from a week ago, the second vid is from this past weekend, I am the winged srt in the second vid, uncommon is the wingless with the monster street tire trap speed
YouTube - Masssrt
YouTube - Masssrt & Uncommon

One thing, it is hard to tell when I bog or spin, because the launch is so much softer than dr's. But I think I am kinda gettin used to the launch, so hopefully I can pay attention and get some nice times to report back.

one thing that was pointed out is that the track prep may have not been as good the last 2 days.

·
Premium Member
5,184 Posts
Dumb question, but are the m&h slicks tubeless? If they are, are your wheels studded to the slicks?

Those are some really nice 60ft times, any idea what your mph would be on street tires?

how many passes do you usually get on the m&h's?

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Dumb question, but are the m&h slicks tubeless? If they are, are your wheels studded to the slicks?

Those are some really nice 60ft times, any idea what your mph would be on street tires?

how many passes do you usually get on the m&h's?
mine are tubeless and are not studded to the slicks.
my mph on street tires was like 114 average last time I ran

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
OK, well I made a bunch of runs the past 2 days,
all 1.8-2.2 60 fts 12.0's-12.2.s mostly at 122-123.
I wasn't really methodical with my psi and launch rpms, but now I kinda wish I was. I really didn't go down past 13 psi which may have been a bad move,
so now I need a nice day to just go and only work on my launch.
The car was putting down some nice power, now I just need to get out of the hole. There are a couple locals who know how to launch, so I'm gonna have to be a student.
In spite of that, I love the slicks! Launching on them is sick, and definitely softer on the driveline. Today alone I did like 11 passes at 4-5k dumps :rofl:

Heres a couple of the runs, first is from a week ago, the second vid is from this past weekend, I am the winged srt in the second vid, uncommon is the wingless with the monster street tire trap speed
YouTube - Masssrt
YouTube - Masssrt & Uncommon

One thing, it is hard to tell when I bog or spin, because the launch is so much softer than dr's. But I think I am kinda gettin used to the launch, so hopefully I can pay attention and get some nice times to report back.

one thing that was pointed out is that the track prep may have not been as good the last 2 days.
Thank You for the youtube, you were spinning drop the air pressure.:thumbsup:

John
M&H

·
SRTForums Member, 2011 Calendar Car
2,141 Posts
awesome awesome times Mass.. i am picking up some vw steelies and wanted to know the specs on your slicks and also the width of the rims you are using for them..if you could pm me man.. great time esp the 11.5

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I turned the slicks the other direction and made some runs today
didn't do one burnout for the hell of it
but running them backwards seemed to help
YouTube - masssrt at NEd 10/25

:wah?!::wah?!::wah?!::wah?!::wah?!::wah?!::wah?!::wah?!::wah?!::wah?!::wah?!::wah?!::wah?!::wah?!::wah?!::wah?!::wah?!::wah?!::wah?!::wah?!:

I AM SORRY, I do not know how I missed your post. Ok Look, you need to tell me HOW and I do mean HOW you went from the High 12 down to 11.52 @ 128mph ( AWESOME :clap:), did you drop the air pressure.

John
MandHtires

1 - 20 of 33 Posts