Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after overcoming boost issues I finally made it to the track to see how well the car would run. I sat in traffic for longer periods of time than I wanted to trying to get to Cecil County. On the way down I noticed the boost was only going to 11 psi, so I knew the vacuumm lines were coming off again. What a pain. So, my one and only run was not even on full boost.

I got there and everyone was waiting and waiting as some idiot oiled down the track. Gotta love noobie racers. Anyway, I met a few people with SRT's very cool there were at least 4 or 5. A few Scoobies and a couple of Evo's. The rest were some of the scariest hill billies you could run into. Haa!

Anyway, I dropped the tires down to 22psi. and waited and waited. Finally, I it was my turn. Oh! The proper burnout is to roll in the water spin the tires to cover them pull forward OUT of the water and heat the tires till they start to smoke. No need for John Force burn outs. Unless, you have lots of money. The car is funny heating the tires with the e-brake on I wing the engine pop the clutch and watch the speedo jump to like 50mph and the rpms sit at 5k in first. Up to the line and the hold her at 2k. Lights come down and half slide/pop the clutch before I know it we're off. I BANG into second and the tires yelp, never once lifting. Bang into third at 5800rpm's and Bang into fourth. I glance at the boost gauge and notice 10psi. I could tell through out the entire run that the car wasn't pulling hard at all. So I knew the vaccumm leaks were killing the boost. I came down the return road and grabbed the time slip. I thought ok. Pretty good for not having any FWD racing experience and a stock car. She ran a 13.75E.T. and 102.96 mph. I had a 2.2 60ft, so I know I can go a little harder outta the gate.

Off came the numbers and back home I went feeling pretty good about my turd. She's about 300 to 500 lbs lighter than my Talon and went 2 tenths faster and it's stock. My Talon with AWD and the tiny t-25 went 13.91, but had the 1G BOV, 3" exhaust and a solid 17psi of boost. Now, when I sold it I had a lot more done to it and a 16G. I have no doubt the Talon would have beaten the Neon, but the fact is already the Neon is ahead and is still stock. So I think that says a lot for our little cars. Still, I hate this little annoying issues with lines popping off etc...

till next time.

I scan the slip and post it.

BTW - the Forward Motion car was there and ran 13.17 and another gentleman was there with a yellow one ran 12.97. Nice times, but what all done to the cars I don't know.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah! It's stock...I had a mopar bov, taken off. The vac.lines weren't completely off, but they have to coming loose, because normally, she'll pull to 15psi then down to 12psi.

I went to Cecil County. Not Maple Grove. I believe at Maple Grove they are having a Nat. Event this weekend.

·
Registered
101 Posts
sounds good to me i ran a 13.8 in my stock srt but i had insane wheel hop so most of my runs were 14 and above my first run was smooth and after that the wheels started hopping

·
Registered
361 Posts
cecil is great for fast times..i beleive its the lowest track in the country ( i could be wrong) overall cooler air temps all around with some nice air.

Grove is hosting the rain date nats this weekend due to the hurricane couple weeks back. There are some scary people at cecil though arn't there?!!! lol...stars and bars..yeee haaaawww. lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.