Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
ivtecorboost said:
what rpm to launch at, and how? im pushing close to 400whp and running 15x24.5x8 m/t on the vw steelies. should i install a spacer and at what psi should i run my tires at? thanks in advance
12-14lbs , launch around 5000 from what i hear on slicks
somebody double check me if im wrong

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
trial and error. each car and track and weather all have there own settings for each driver. just go out to the track and find out.

·
Banned
10,541 Posts
Soccer69er said:
15 x 6.5 wheels
24.5 x 8.5 x 15 M&H Slicks
12.5 psi
4000 rpms Launch
ummm, you just started a thread.. Need help with my Launch.
could be my ingnorance, you might have launched an srt-4 on slicks, just not stockers.

however, i suspect the launch would be at 4,000+ rpm. if you do it right you can launch at 4,000 rpm on pilot sports. wish i could submit real help. maybe the :bump: will get ya some more attention.

j.r.:king:

·
Registered
878 Posts
You need to find the fine line between not breaking shit (too much traction) and not bogging (too low rpm). Find the rpm where the car launches hard without bogging the motor. Then play with tire pressure til the 60fts drop. You can also vary the pressure from side to side to help with the launch too.

It helps to have an accurate 0-15psi tire pressure gauge made for low psi drag slicks.

·
Banned
10,541 Posts
lightweight = easier to lose traction. takes less powa to get 'er movin'.
i really dunno, tho. ive never been on slicks.

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
warriorbob said:
thats interesting everyone is launching at 3500 to 4000 rpm and stephan is launching the lightweight stage 3 car at 2000 on slicks and running 11.70's.....i saw him do it..........we all may want to try different rpm's to launch at to see where we hook the best
Bob you are right he was babying that car out of the hole. Thats why I was able to out 60ft him by so much. They need to launch at a much higher rpm.

PVO 60ft was 1.958 to my 1.854 on the same tire.

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
kingj07 said:
lightweight = easier to lose traction. takes less powa to get 'er movin'.
i really dunno, tho. ive never been on slicks.

that is the most ass backards thinking i have ever read

LIGHTER weight = easyer to get moving.. more tractions

Think F1 car... not tractor pulls

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
warriorbob said:
i was very surprised he was only launching at 2 grand i would think with the slicks he was bogging the motor down at that low of an rpm.......from what i have been told you need wheel speed to launch a FWD car good

Also it think of how bad it would look to come out and break the car in front of all the people.... like at milan

i think if someone asks how should i launch on slicks

The right anwsers would be from the people with the best 60fts
and it would also help to list the mods that they have to

So far looking at teh fastest times page... page 1, 2, and 3 dasmopar has the best 60fts i have seen him go 1.7 and 3 different tracks all different weather

stage 3 lightweight car launching like it could on slicks would be 11.5 or better car

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I notice on DR's my best runs are when I nut up, rev it up, and launch hard at like 3500rpms. If I launch lower I just get worse 1/8 times (which is the only variance in my runs)

I hope to get some slicks soon and I fully expect to dump the clutch at 5000rpms

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
when do you spool up? if you get a higher rpm launch you have less chances of "dead hooking" i.e breaking shit...i say try 5-5500rpm launch at 12-14psi in the slicks

·
SRT-4 Guru (Tech Team)
1,043 Posts
Check the best 60' in the sig from the very night..... 2500 RPM launch.

Yeah, I let the car get going instead of shocking the drivetrain.

I have enough things to fix at work as it is. Leave me alone :) ....

-Doc

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.