Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got one..

Was down the cape this weekend on my Golf Trip.. Of course my buddy wanted to go early to the course... So I said ok.. we jump on Rt 6 an head off.. I'm cruising talking and whatnot and all the sudden my radar goes bonkers with Laser... I'm like WTF.. done.. wasn't paying attention cause I would of been able to see the damn cop.. Didn't even slow down.. As soon as I went by him I pulled over...

81 in a 55.. WTF 55 damn cape cod...

So a good weekend of golf turned into a expensive weekend of golf...

$260 ticket.. Oh well you win some and you lose some..

No mods for a while now.. Really in the poor house now.. Been over a year since my last ticket but insurance is going to go up again..

:crying::crying::crying::crying:

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
Damn, they dont mess around with the fines here.. 6yrs.ticketless. "Knock on Wood!"

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
hey dave, I'll have the money I owe you next week. I'd give it to you this week, but I NEED my liscense back lol sorry to hear about that dude. thanks again for being patient.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
DAMN forgot about the springs. umm...I can pay you for the S1 but not the springs, if you want the springs back so you can sell them that's fine. sorry dave! :( I feel bad now

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
v8killa said:
DAMN forgot about the springs. umm...I can pay you for the S1 but not the springs, if you want the springs back so you can sell them that's fine. sorry dave! :( I feel bad now
hmmmm... they are designed for my car.

lol
k3v

·
Registered
6,331 Posts
I have no license right now do to street racing and doing a 91 in a 30...

Anyways...

Dave, a supporting vendor posted a way to just pay the ticket, $260 in your case, without going to court or having your insurance go up. I would of tried it, but there's no way the DA's going to let me off without losing my license for tripling the speedlimit.

The District Attorneys for your county/parish, get paid a salary. So, if they are in court for 1 hour, or 12 hours in a day, they still get paid the same amount. The faster they get outta the courthouse, the better their day will be. You can help them cut down on the number of cases on the docket, and keep a moving violation off your record all at the same time. Check your ticket for the address and/or phone number for the DA who will be receiving your ticket once it hits the courthouse. Make a copy of the ticket and compose a PROFESSIONAL letter to them, letting them know you will be glad to go ahead and pay the ticket, but are requesting it be dropped down to a non-moving violation, if possible. DO NOT write a letter to the DA pleading your case and asking that the ticket be dismissed. They WILL say no, and your attempt at step #1 will be denied if you try to resort to it. If you want to plead your case, go to court. This is only for people who want to pay the ticket, but not have their insurance skyrocket. I would be VERY surprised if the DA denies your request to have the ticket dropped down to NM.

Here's the link: http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83179&highlight=ticket

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
man ur lucky i just got my ticket fine in the mail. i got a ticket in august for carpooling without passenger (i know very stupid) well anyways its $661. n on top of that last week i got a ticket for my K&n intake. damn chp he made me pop my hood n told me that my turbo wasnt stock. my proof was the stupid valve cover being that it only says 2.4 liter turbo on it.
so does anyone know what i can do for my intake ticket?
sorry for the hi jack but if anyone has any info just pm me. thanx

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
allways fight it

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.