Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, just bought an SRT4 a few days ago with 111,xxx miles for 4G$ knowing it had a few problems:

Car has 3 codes: 0335 (Crankshaft position sensor circuit)
0112 (Intake air temperature sensor low)
0113 (Intake air temperature sensor high)

Cam and crank sensors seem to be the usual culprits for the rev limit according to the forums but I had a buddy check out my car and he told me my ecu and harness seem like a complete mess. Previous owner told me the shop that replaced his clutch had messed with the ecu and that's when his rev limit problem began. Car also takes about twice as long to start when i turn the key, this may or may not be related knowing the crank sensor is located very close to the starter. Below are some pictures. Should i start with the cam/crank sensors, or should I get my ECU/wiring checked out first?

·
Premium Member
6,829 Posts
Did this car have front end damage? The mounting bracket for the PCM is missing and they used worm gear clamps to tie it down.:stab: The clamps may have cut or is chaffing some wires. I would look to replacing all your PCM connectors and solder, heat shrink and fix all bad wires first.
Options:
  1. Buy a used harness for your year that has good PCM connectors. Check the junk yard or in the WTB section. You don't have 50 post yet though.
  2. Buy new connectors and replace your old.
  3. Get a mounting bracket and also look to see if the mounting holes are still in the chassis.
  4. Get a new harness and replace the old hacked up one.
  5. Open up the harness and try fixing the obvious bad wires.
  6. Check for corrosion on the pins in the PCM.
Others on here can help in sourcing harnesses for you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No front end damage. Previous owner did a lot of DIY, half-assed jobs around the car so I wouldn't doubt this is one of his own. I'll start looking for a new/used harness and mounting bracket to get it over with ASAP.

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
No front end damage. Previous owner did a lot of DIY, half-assed jobs around the car so I wouldn't doubt this is one of his own. I'll start looking for a new/used harness and mounting bracket to get it over with ASAP.
I also recommend working on getting the pcm wiring cleaned up and the proper mounting bracket for the pcm. A likely cause of the rpm cut though is your cam sensor. Get a new OEM cam sensor and magnet first then go from there.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Did you ever fix this issue?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts