Dodge SRT Forum banner

First SRT-4 - Receiving 2nd upgrade 2000 watts Stereo System

3K views 49 replies 17 participants last post by  Vanilla_Coke 
I've got a stereo setup for sale right now. Had it in my 99 Neon and boy did it weigh it down, looked like I lowered the back end a inch after I installed it. :p My car really turned into a dog after adding all that weight. I'm going to sell my neon for my SRT and decided to either keep the stereo and install it in my SRT or just sell it apart from my car. Here's the setup:

2 Digital Design 9512e's each in a 2.5 cu ft box vented and tuned to 40hz, custom made to fit my Neon's trunk perfectly.
2 JBL BP1200.1's, each put out 1500 watts rms @ 14.2 volts and are Class D amps.
Power Acoustic 2.4 farad digital capacitor.
The subs are getting redone and used to be 9512d's but are getting updated to the 9512e models and are unused and brand new.

I'm either selling this or putting it in my SRT since the SRT has a beefed up alternator compared to my 99 Neon (lights dimmed kinda bad), so it's really tempting, but I don't want to weigh the car down since I'll be wanting to race it. 99 neon has a 90 amp alternator and the SRT has a 160 amp right? Does the SRT have a 60/40 split back seat to? The 60/40 split in my neon made a HUGE difference in db. The highest I hit was a 151db at the dash and that was with the subs firing back. Turn it around to have the subs and vents face into the car and it'd probably hit over a 155db at the dash...very loud :!:
Anyone interested in buying this setup let me know. I payed over 2300 in the first place for the subs, amps, cap, and install and I'm spending a couple more hundred getting subs redone so let me know if anyone's got some offers! I have pics of the setup, give me ur email if your interested and I'll send them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.