Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.. and this car is everything i wanted it to be and more.

Long story short I've wanted the SRT4 since it first came out, but working part time, could never even fathom affording one. Anyway now I work at a Dodge dealership in sales (i swear i dont rip ppl off ;0), and I've been doing pretty well, one month ago we got in a Silver 04 that was completely stock and unmolested. I took this car for a ride and pretty much sold within the first minute. I bought it the next morning.

Now I've got a few mods done (injen sri, stage 1 pcm, mopar rice plate, mopar catback, needswings down pipe going on tomorrow!, and a bunch of carbon fiber goodies on order). I love the way the car is responding to the mods, and i seriously can't wait till the downpipe is on.

To sum it up, its pretty awesome to have this car, I've never had a car where random people came up to me and started talking to me for no other reason than to talk about my car, lol. Now that I have bored you with all this nostalgic bs, feel free to share your own "Getting your SRT" stories.

·
Forum Moderator, 2011 Calendar Car
15,675 Posts
i was actually looking for another mustang gt.. i found an 02 gt that was about 3 hours away and didnt feel like driving so i went to the subaru dealer and test drove the 05 STI and HATED IT.. next i went to the dodge dealer and didnt know much about the srt4.. test drove it and fell in love with it.. got my car with .1 miles on it and have had it for almost 3 years.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Test drove a new one at the dealer in 03 and really liked it alot. A bright yellow one. Instead I bought a porsche speedster that I wanted for 25 years. Heard they were going to stop making srt-4's in 05 so I figured I had better get one. No, one knew what type of car I was talking about getting and I didn't care. Also, everyone said I had no business with buying a third car. Don't care I wanted one. I sold my house and bought a srt-4 six months later. I still have all three cars. Love this car more then just about any i've ever owned.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I was very interested in them since 03' when they came out. In 05 i test drove two different 04's but the price was still a little out of my range for still being in college so finally i test drove another one last summer and wanted one even more so i started the search for a red one and found my Flame Red 04' in Indiana with only a K&N filter, Catch can, Tinted windows, and a mopar STS which is exactly how i wanted it. (no mods that a person could screw up)

Since then (labor day 06') i have added: Stage 1, Stage 2 WGA, Needswings 3" V5 DP, Mopar rice plate, Bwoody CV, K&N Typhoon CAI, interior gauges including AEM Eugo, and a few small visual mods.

Needswings In Cabin MBC, and DASmopar mapclamp are in the mail..

I couldn't be happier w/ the car!

·
Registered
50 Posts
It was faster than the RSX-S and Scion tc ( of course ). Felt a different quick than my talon had (it was AWD), and i decided to buy it.

So much fun to drive, but i'm getting blah with it. I need to begin some modification so i can fall back in love with it for another year and half.

·
Registered
512 Posts
When i first heard this car drive by me on the way to work i knew i had to get one. The bov was loud and the car sounded amazing. Loud and popped like crazy. I fell in love and every time i saw a srt-4 i would talk to the person or take pictures with my phone. My first time being in one was an amazing experience and i knew it wanted one. I test drove one for the first time 2 weeks ago and i knew it was the car i wanted. My parents didn't want me to get it but i told them i would pay for it and i would try my best to pay it off in the next 4 years and made some promises to them. They finally gave in and i bought a red 04 srt-4 3 days ago. I can't wait to drive it to school tomorrow morning! I love driving it, it is the best thing that has every happened to me. Even though i am a slave to this car. It is totally worth it.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I wanted one since they first came out. Finally was able to afford one in Feb. of '05. Local Dodge dealer had a brand new 'o4 flame red with sunroof, no kicker. They said it was on "clearance" for 22,000 and wouldn't come down.

Was driving by the Hyundai dealership and saw an 04 with 1,000 miles on it, flame red w/sunroof and kicker. Bought it for 17,000 out the door.

The salesman said the previous owners girlfriend made him sell it and get a new tiberon. :WTF:

My gain his loss. I love this car and have been slowly modding it the last 2 years and plan on keeping it for a long time, eventually becoming a dedicated weekend/track car.

·
Registered
914 Posts
my friend bought a brand new one in 04 i've been working on it with him for 3 years and always wanted one just never had the dough then a couple months ago finally got my own same color and year!!!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
onequickr/t said:
my friend bought a brand new one in 04 i've been working on it with him for 3 years and always wanted one just never had the dough then a couple months ago finally got my own same color and year!!!!
Awesome isint it? Where in jersey are you?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Was in computer summer class wit my friends in the summer of 05 before my senior year. One of my friends was looking at the 05 STi's and my other friend said he wanted to get an SRT4. I was like wtf is that. He went on a page that showed u everythig about the SRT and even had a sound clip of the exhaust. I was like damn that car is nice and cheap. Wanted one since then. Got my first one in Feb. of 06, and got rear ended eight months later. Then i got my current SRT ACR in january this year. I love this car so much, super fun to drive.

·
Registered
12,712 Posts
Got beat by an 04 srt4 in my Mustang GT ... went to the nearest dealer when my mustang was cashed. Didn't even test drive the car, just dropped my money on the table and negotiated to make sure I didn't get screwed. Didn't even notice the boost gauge until I was about 5 miles away from the dealer. Hooked ever since.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I blasted through my warranty period in less than 2 years. At least 6 months of which, I was on business trips and had a rental car so the srt just sat. I love driving this thing. It makes the 60 mile trip to the office tolerable.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
I had a 95 neon, and liked it cause it was so dependable. i did a few mods to it and i got into the racing scene. So i thought, when it was time to get a new car i would get another neon. well then came the SRT4. i pooped my pants when i saw it, and had to have one! i was in love before i had even seen one on the streets. then when i drove one..... well you know how that goes. i had to have one NOW! so when i saved enough money for a down payment, i went straight to the dealer and bought the Red ACR off the show room floor! i didnt even take it for a test drive, i just signed the papers and i was in my new ACR! i dont regret it one bit and love driving it every day.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
i worked for dodge when the car came out ...and i was one of the its still just a neon people...then i test drove a new one off the truck and i fell in love ....never could get one on my own with my shitty credit but 2 years ago came across a used black one with a total of 7300 miles a 04 as well fully loaded for 14,000 ...(hyundai didnt know what it was and had it listed as a sxt) my fiance bought me mine in her name so i could get a kick ass interest rate ...(i love my wife) .......now the car is paid off and modded all to hell and back !!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
i was driving an '04 focus (slow as a bitch) but that car was in my parents name and i was just paying them. i wanted the srt ever sinec it came out but of corse i was too broke and what not. then they decided either i refi in my own name or get another car. of corse i said ok and procrastianted because i didnt take them serious. anyway i was browsing and saw one on autotrader and went up to the guy's work to test drive it. was driving it and he said "give it a little gas" and i pushed it and busted a nut. the stain is still there and will never be washed!

·
Registered
466 Posts
I was worried when I learned that they weren't building anymore after 05 that I wouldn't be able to buy a new one working at my old job. I finally got my "real" job and after 4 months picked mine up, and just love every minute of it. I still get excited every time I get behind the wheel. The car fits my personality and love how whenever I see another one on the road we wave. The car gets a lot of looks and a lot of gear heads I have come across appreciate it and know it is a fast car.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I was looking for it, since I heard about it..... Wife saw it online at a local dealership....I told her and I Qoute " If we go there, I'm buying it". So he said lets just look...well" 03 yellow on the show room floor....Looked at the sales man of the Month awards...( this guy won every month 3 years in a row) ...found him-pointed to the srt-4 and said" make it happen" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never test drove one, never sat in it til they pulled it off the show room floor. I wish I had a camera to catch all the peoples faces as the car started up on the show room floor........ My face was all smiles.......

·
Registered
992 Posts
I had a 03 GMC truck, and the wife and I were looking to buy a house... so I was shopping for a car to drop my monthly payment and such. I wanted a WRX or STI, the wife calls me one day and tells me there is an SRT-4 with a "Turbo Compressor" at the dealership... Rest is history!

So I actually bought my SRT for a lower payment and cheaper gas... now its a GT3570R gas sucking beast...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts