Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When some of us finally get one, what would be a reasonably priced modification to do? I already heard about a better BOV (blow off valve). Does anyone want to mess with the front hood scoop for a CAI (cold air intake). I understand it has platinum plugs? is this true. THanks!

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
As soon as the weather breaks in my area (damn snow :evil: ) I plan on replacing the stock filter with a K&N, and doing the hood mod. I also want to put in a turbo timer. I like the Blitz DTT DC.

I have an e-mail into them now asking if they plan on making a wiring harness for the SRT-4. I want a boost controller as well, but it seems to early yet. I'll let everyone else figure out the bugs first!! :lol:

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
Motor mounts. Needs stiff motor mounts big time. Singel outlet exhaust. Struts, roll bar and steering box from the 2002 ACR. K&N, hood mod. Oh, and Stage III Mopar kit with a high flow cat to make it semi legal :twisted:

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Mods, I don't know if this is really a mod but I plan to tint my windows REALLY dark or get that mirror type stuff. I hate it when people stare right at me! It's like I have a messed face or something?! As far as mods go, prolly boost ctrl, get rid of that maze-like pipe, definitely getting rid of that cross-eyed look, and prolly Mopar Stage II (if I can afford it).

BTW, I was just curious if anyone has happen to hear of a turbotimer/boost cntrlr combo. I have never seen one in my entire life, nor heard of any, just wondered if there might so happen to be something of the sort. Wouldn't that be a nice 2n1 gaget tho!

·
Registered
33 Posts
SpitterGuy said:
BTW, I was just curious if anyone has happen to hear of a turbotimer/boost cntrlr combo. I have never seen one in my entire life, nor heard of any, just wondered if there might so happen to be something of the sort. Wouldn't that be a nice 2n1 gaget tho!
I've never seen or heard of one. Greddy Makes a networked system, that would be a nice option for those of you with $$$.

The Boost Controller -

Then Networks to the E-manage wich came out last year, and seems to be GREAT alternative to the S-AFC(at the same price).

A of what the E-manage alone can do....

For most people, I think you should spend your money on something other than TurboTimer. If you DO get one, this seems to be one of the functional (and its quite small).

"This unit contains several features not found in other timers. It will display battery voltage with an adjustable low voltage warning as well as O2 voltage or A/F ratio with warnings as well."

·
Registered
534 Posts
el_jefe said:
Motor mounts. Needs stiff motor mounts big time. Singel outlet exhaust. Struts, roll bar and steering box from the 2002 ACR. K&N, hood mod. Oh, and Stage III Mopar kit with a high flow cat to make it semi legal :twisted:

Why in the world would you want a single tip exhaust. Duals are soo hot. Also why would you need stiff motor mounts, unless you plan on having your srt pump out 500 hp...i dont see a reason for them...just wondering though.

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
I installed an EGT, HKS EVC and a turbo timer on the same day.

I drilled the manifold and tapped it out for the EGT. Ill post up some pics soon.

The Turbo timer is tricky to install. The ignition is alot different then the one on the japs that I am more acustom to.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
8 Participants
Exhaust Depot
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing