Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i recently replaced my clutch with a south bend clutch stage 2 endurance and new tob, clutch fork, and pivot ball and now its hard to put it in first gear almost like its grinding. Tried adjusting my pedal and it didnt help also put 10w30 high milage oil in the tranny. It drives fine and switches gears fine but when from a dead stop its hard to get it in first gear. What can it be?

·
Administrator
39,291 Posts
Improper clearance with the fork/release bearing. Something isn't letting the clutch fully release.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Pull the transmission inspection cover. Have someone press on the clutch pedal. Watch the clutch fork. See if it moves. Maybe your slave cylinder or master cylinder are causing issues. If so you can try bleeding them.

·
Registered
5,756 Posts
I would replace the slave/master if they are original and your car has high miles.

·
Premium Member
4,636 Posts
The easiest way to test to see if the clutch isn’t fully releasing is to have the car in 1st gear on flat ground, foot off the brake, clutch pushed in, and rev the engine. If the car starts to move, the clutch isn’t fully disengaged.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts