Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Todd,

Just finished running around Mid-Ohio for the weekend. (Lapped the entire SVTOA instructor group in seven laps thanks to a little rain, but that's another story.)

I'm looking for a kit that offers a firm pedal even if the stopping power isn't much better than stock. I'm used to the pedal feel on my Porsche 993 with the four-pot Brembos and, as you know, the stock SRT pedal has a tremendous amount of squish. Add in the fact that I am a 230-lb former pro BMX rider who is in the habit of really stomping the pedal, and it doesn't help matters.

Which of your kits offers the firmest pedal feel? thanks!

·
Registered
846 Posts
ZetecInside said:
Hi Todd,

Just finished running around Mid-Ohio for the weekend. (Lapped the entire SVTOA instructor group in seven laps thanks to a little rain, but that's another story.)

I'm looking for a kit that offers a firm pedal even if the stopping power isn't much better than stock. I'm used to the pedal feel on my Porsche 993 with the four-pot Brembos and, as you know, the stock SRT pedal has a tremendous amount of squish. Add in the fact that I am a 230-lb former pro BMX rider who is in the habit of really stomping the pedal, and it doesn't help matters.

Which of your kits offers the firmest pedal feel? thanks!
If you're serious about the open track day use of the 13" kits are really your only choice. While the factory WW kits do look nice and add spirited performance for the street etc etc they do come up way short on rotor mass, caliper design and pads.

The TCE kits offer two rotor width options, both directional vane design, they are fit only with the much larger and stiffer FSL caliper, and fit only the fatter .800" pad rather than the narrow .490" version of the Dynalite.

There is nothing 'wrong' with the DL caliper kits, they simply don't do what you want however for a serious track day use application.

Wheel fit is the obvious problem with such kits. The factory wheel is out. The wider 1.10 rotor package is going to require even more room.

Feel is based on the proper selection of rotor, caliper and pad. TCE kits fit a correctly selected caliper piston area to work well with the larger rotor there by providing the improved pedal feel and response you require. The tuning of the kit then comes from the selection of pads afforded you by these calipers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts