Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never had firm or flex aftermarket mounts before, but someone told me that if I did commit to getting firm mounts, the car would transform into a "big-ass vibrator" that shakes like mad with horrible ride quality. If it's just for dragging that that's cool -- but I'll be using the car for daily driving. Will getting flex mounts still do the job of preventing wheel hop? Obviously not as good as firm...

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
I heard that there isn't much of a difference in NVH from the fex to firm. :-k I dunno, my car rides rougher anyway from the urethane bushings, so Idoubt I would even notice. :lol:

·
Registered
243 Posts
I've driven two sepearate Spec-Vs. One car had filled mounts, the other had solid mounts. The difference will be noticeable, especially at idle, and even moreso when the A/C is running. It all depends on how much wheelhop you are willing to tolerate. If you want less wheelhop, get the solid mounts. The difference in vibration is worth it if you hate wheelhop as much as I do.

·
Registered
12,124 Posts
filled mounts

Actually, I've got the Firm upper & lower filled mounts in my SRT, and there's barely any noticeable difference in ride quality.

MUCH different than in my 98 Neon, which got a lot more vibration

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
This is a little off subject, but are you guys used to the idle yet ? I totally forgot about how they idle until I saw this thread.

So you will probably forget about any virbrations from stiffer mounts eventually, and yes it's worth the vibration to get rid of wheel hop.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Re: filled mounts

Pit Viper said:
Actually, I've got the Firm upper & lower filled mounts in my SRT, and there's barely any noticeable difference in ride quality.
Agreed. The solid mounts take away the wheel hop nicely without sacrificing creature comforts for daily driving.

·
Registered
537 Posts
with my polished upper (took almost two hours getting it smooth as glass) and lower firm mounts there is extra vibrations at idle. But, being able to launch at 2,400 rpm on 15psi without wheelhop until you hit full throttle is well worth it to me.

If someone wants to see the difference I am in san jose.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.