Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so after months of nail biting, sifting through posts, checking dealer inventory online, phone calls to dealers...i finally have my srt. funny, it doesnt quite seem real yet...still having trouble believing they're outside of FL. i've been keeping up with a dealer about an hour from me that "can get me one from FL," but everything was iffy. so i decided i would check my local dealer, huntsville dodge, (non-5*) just to see if they know anything about when they'll get em. i pulled up wondering why the heck they would put a neon in the showroom, until i got closer and noticed it was an srt. after asking how the hell they have one, they proceded to tell me it is one of 6 total alotted to Alabama, and they are auctioning it off online. WTF! i proceded to tell them how much ive been following the car...they didnt care. GM told me he just wanted to get a little more for it, the reserve for the auction was only 21k. so before i blurted out "you a$$holes, this is crap...i'm right here ready to buy the car and you would rather see if you can get an extra $500 for it"....i thought, if the other dealer even DOES manage to get one, i'll have to pay to ship it, and dont even know what they'll expect as a 'finder's fee' and crap. so i said instead, "what if i go to my bank right now, get a loan, and come back with 21k cash?" so 20 minutes and a credit approval later, a happy fob with buttons, attached to a sharp new key, was in my hand. oh yeah, and i got the car too. its yellow, id rather have black, but i HAVE IT. i dont care what color it is anymore.

so anyway...i can stop complaining and start having fun. wee. time to go eat dinner at 10:30pm.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Well Done!! A battle was won and you walked out with a great car!! I'm jealous, I gotta wait 4 weeks!

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
you sure told them...so you got it for $21,000 out the door?

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
Wow, showroom floor SRT-4 8) (I'm rhyming again).

Major congrats! :wink:

·
Premium Member
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it ended up being like 22k with tax, title, whatever. i still cant believe i have it. all i had to do was offer the $1000 cash to make up the difference for the auction. dealer was nice. said someone came in this past saturday wanting it and they wouldnt even talk to him. dealer told me i must have done something right in a past life :D

....and now im stuck at work all day.

·
Registered
21 Posts
wow, sorry to hear that alabama's only getting six, my local dealer has something like nine on the lot. I guess south florida's a bigger market than alabama. go figure. roll

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Guess noone in Alabama wants one...they're all looking for quad-cab F150s to put a big rebel flag on and have a Calvin-pissing-on-a-Chevy-bowtie sticker on the rear window...lmao

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
QwikSC2 said:
Guess noone in Alabama wants one...they're all looking for quad-cab F150s to put a big rebel flag on and have a Calvin-pissing-on-a-Chevy-bowtie sticker on the rear window...lmao
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Look at this way dude...only 6!!!
I wish there were only 6 where I lived ..... :twisted:

·
Premium Member
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LOL. actually, huntsville is a pretty non-Deliverance part of AL. its nice. people call it "Silicon Valley 2" cuz theres something like 50 Fortune500 companies here...maybe fortune1000....i dunno. anyway, theres more fart-can civics with tv antennae hanging off the trunk than jacked-up pickups with gunracks. im gonna have a ton of fun cruising when i break her in.

the dealer may have meant 6 in the northern half of AL. i was just in Gulf Shores (south) this weekend and didnt see a single one at any dealers. so i figure either way, im like 1 of maybe 10 or 20 in the state. my dealer made it sound like they already sold one, but i dunno who or where. if its you, please lemme know, so i dont go parading around thinking i have the 1st one in AL! unless i hear otherwise, i have the first and only so far :twisted: !

·
Registered
532 Posts
Nobody in Alabama wants one ,huh.....

Alright guys, I've been browsing this board for several months now and posting for a couple of months. I can guarantee you I've been chomping at the bit for this car for a long time now. The dealer I've been working with for months has said nothing about Alabama getting only 6. Now we all should know how reliable dealer info has been :roll: so I wouldn't count on that number. By the way, they are still telling me I can get the employee price on it also. :D Anyway, I guess I'll wait and see who's telling the truth. The key word here is wait I guess.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts