Dodge SRT Forum banner

Finally The Build Can Start

713 views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  ptc01 
#1 ·
Well the last part arrived by UPS last evening and the building can finally begin. And yes, it has been internally modified (all around) and for the GT30R wheel which I did last season. 6 weeks behind schedule. :rofl:

Pic of the modified exhaust/turbo housing with Swain White Lighting Coating. Note the detail Swain gives to the waste gate pivot, as well as all of the other areas which can't be seen.

Some Tech Info for everyone: The purpose of White Lighting exhaust coating should not be confused with the lower tech cosmetic coatings (shiny or colored) that are available. Those coatings form an attractive finish, but do very little to insulate the exhaust or increase power. External thermal barrier holds the heat energy in the header, which serves two purposes. It makes engine compartments cooler, and it keeps exhaust gas velocity high, improving scavenging. The latter is especially important in turbocharged engines, where a coated exhaust manifold can improve turbo response.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
adamdirt said:
That coating looks quite thick....maybe its the picture?
White Lighting is a thick coating designed to hold the heat energy in the header.

#6 ·
Looks amazing Ed. Cant wait to see. Are you making it to Mopar Day at Lebanon this year. Its not till Sept 30th!.....course ya are...you got plenty of time

#10 ·
ed was your manifold checked for cracking? Looks sweet!

#12 ·
BTR said:
ever think to have one dedicated thread to your build ed?
You know Rich that's a good idea. I even ask myself at times do I really want to post this up . . . they must be sick about hearing about this. :rofl:

#13 ·
ptc01 said:
BTR said:
You know Rich that's a good idea. I even ask myself at times do I really want to post this up . . . they must be sick about hearing about this. :rofl:
Personally I like it. Cause atleast I know some other poor sap is working on thier car every night besides me :rofl:

#16 ·
BTR said:
ptc01 said:
BTR said:
yes... us poor people are getting quite sick of this tomfoolery
We need another outbreak of "CATS"

#18 ·
Sticking with the internal wastegate on the stage 3 setup I see... I thought forsure you would go with the externally gated setup with the new build.

Anyways, looking real good. Swaintech does real nice work. My turbo/exhaust components are coated from JetHot. Who also do really nice work. Looking forward to seeing progress on your new build.

#20 ·
Ed....we both have something in common but at the same time it's not the same.

We are both working on our cars but you are working on making yours faster...I'm working on my to make it just run.

I like all the posts you make about the current build and the different stages the car is in. Can't wait to see this beast run down the track!!!!

#21 ·
sphipps said:
Ed....we both have something in common but at the same time it's not the same.

We are both working on our cars but you are working on making yours faster...I'm working on my to make it just run.

I like all the posts you make about the current build and the different stages the car is in. Can't wait to see this beast run down the track!!!!
Yeah, that's what its all about, to share our love and passion of our cars and what we do to them. :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.