Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After years of searching, this 1 owner popped up in my town. Service records every 3k miles and bone stock somehow. I ran codes and changed out 180 thermo, cam sensor and fixed the IAT sensor from popping out. Runs so good and feels raw just like I was hoping it would. I finally understand why people get weirdly into these as I'm about to do the same lol. ALso removed one resonator most likely will get a 3'' 02 housing and go from there. Phone photo but ill get better ones up soon.

Wheel Car Automotive parking light Tire Cloud

·
Premium Member
2004 Dodge SRT4
2,710 Posts
Welcome, looks good.

Reactions: Loveralobo

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
Welcome to the party. 😎

Good find! Factory-stock is rare these days. No tint, original badges... original owner... man. What a great find.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Total mileage is 121,594. Story goes that he used it to commute to work and then it sat for some time after he got another commuter. I’ve always added tint to my cars over the years and typically I do that straight away but this time I opted for fresh headlights and wheels first along with a resonator delete (hacking out the other one next week). The blue hue of the stock windows is growing on me but the rear window is a pain especially with all the lifted trucks in my area running led lights. Lights up the car like a disco ball haha. I was absolutely amazed when I saw the carfax report only 1 owner and over 40 maintenance logs at the dealership of purchase. This guy really took his maintenance seriously. He even journaled in the dealer maintenance booklet when he added the factory K&N air box option at 900 miles. A well loved car that I’m excited to pamper.

·
Registered
2005 Dodge Neon SRT - 4 Stone White 115k miles
1 Posts
After years of searching, this 1 owner popped up in my town. Service records every 3k miles and bone stock somehow. I ran codes and changed out 180 thermo, cam sensor and fixed the IAT sensor from popping out. Runs so good and feels raw just like I was hoping it would. I finally understand why people get weirdly into these as I'm about to do the same lol. ALso removed one resonator most likely will get a 3'' 02 housing and go from there. Phone photo but ill get better ones up soon.

View attachment 149985
Wow that's clean! I recently just did the same! Was looking for one for a while, these are absolutely great.
Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
2004 SRT-4
241 Posts
Congrats!
How much did you get it for?

And what year, btw?
(looks just like my '04 that I recently acquired that was bone stock too w/63k miles)

Also...where'd you get the headlights?
(and/or what brand, if aftermarket?)
They look A LOT better!

Side note...the clear bumper lights look way better than the stock amber ones (on silver).
Cheap @ only $12 too, lol:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You in Idaho?
Yep! Boise.

Congrats!
How much did you get it for?

And what year, btw?
(looks just like my '04 that I recently acquired that was bone stock too w/63k miles)

Also...where'd you get the headlights?
(and/or what brand, if aftermarket?)
They look A LOT better!

Side note...the clear bumper lights look way better than the stock amber ones (on silver).
Cheap @ only $12 too, lol:

Yep it's an 04 paid 10500 which is more than I wanted to but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to get a one owner with the maintenance records it has especially bone stock. Really looking forward to restoring and detailing every inch as I like to do with all my cars. I really appreciate the rich rally history these cars have and I think I'll play into that once I refresh all the steering components. I got Dorman brand lights from Rockauto. Will most likely get some of the darker bezels lights from modern performance but Ive been sourcing a different wheelset so put my money elsewhere. Thanks for the tip on the clear lights! Im a weird amber guy so I already got LED amber bulbs for those and hyper yellow tint for the fog lights haha. I'm pumped to see my vision play out with the wheels and stance I'll definitely update photos when its done. Also if anybody is looking for stock wheels I'll be listing those here before ebay. No marks, exceptionally clean stockers. cheers!

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
I snagged two pair off Rock Auto and swapped the rubbers. Might have to look into the eBay Mopar ones.

I personally don't like the clear markers, but I do like the chrome-bulb look in the headlights. Silver has the chrome, red has regular orange turn bulbs. Yes, they light up amber, so are 100% legal. Only catch is... not sure if you can still get them. All my bookmarked links are dead.

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Automotive side marker light Wheel

·
Registered
2004 SRT-4
241 Posts
I snagged two pair off Rock Auto and swapped the rubbers. Might have to look into the eBay Mopar ones.

I personally don't like the clear markers, but I do like the chrome-bulb look in the headlights. Silver has the chrome, red has regular orange turn bulbs. Yes, they light up amber, so are 100% legal. Only catch is... not sure if you can still get them. All my bookmarked links are dead.

View attachment 150025
Not happy with the Dorman/Rock Auto ones?

I assume you're talking about the "chrome" bulbs in the silver one, right? Something like these:

The clear bumper lenses are just for now (on my car). If/when I get the front bumper repainted, I'll probably get the side markers paint matched at that time too.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts