Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I must say i was a bit disappointed. The polish was not quite perfect and i bought some Mothers polishing stuff for aluminium wheels to get some improvement. After about 4 hours of work doing this manually i got better results. I would like to hear from experts on wheel polishing as to what is the best way to do this. How long do you leave the stuff on before you polish? What are you using to buff? Any tricks that might help the next time i want to do this.

Seems to me patience is the game with wheel polishing....

·
Forum Moderator
13,295 Posts
A drill and buffing/polishing attachment will provide superior and faster results than by hand.

Something like the Mothers Powerball would work great. Metal polish doesn't need to sit or dry to be effective. Apply the polish, polish the metal until it becomes black, buff off the remaining polish with a microfiber towel, repeat process until you've reached the desired luster.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
They're racing wheels first and foremost, not really intended for "show" perhaps?

Going from 21lbs or so for stockers to almost 14lbs with 17" Storms really helps braking and handling by reducing unsprung weight a whopping 7 lbs on each corner.

I use Flitz to polish mine and they come up great ... blinding actually ... one of these day if the the rains stop and it's worth the trouble.

·
Forum Moderator
13,295 Posts
Simon.Starkie said:
They're racing wheels first and foremost, not really intended for "show" perhaps?
Racing wheel? Umm...yeah...sure. That still doesn't mean that a polished finish on a brand new wheel should look like shit right out of the box and that also doesn't mean you shouldn't have high expectations on a brand new wheel you paid money for.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts