Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
WOOTTT!!

Ok.. finally got it done...409whp, 406wtq(~24psi O boost)-93octane.

Changes since last dyno:

-stg 1 ecu ditched for STOCK ECU.
-650cc injectors ditched for 750cc injectors.
-Profec BII ditched for Greddy Profec A.

Power mods:
Agp 3" cai
60-1, .63 Agp turbo kit
Agp fuel kit(750cc, SAFCII, walbro pump)
Greddy Profec A
ED ic pipes
Spearco FMIC
3" catless Maxxfab downpipe///elect cutout
Msd wires(stock plugs currently gapped at .035)
Spec Stg3i clutch

After changing these things.. and doing a little tweaking with a/f and boost... I managed to pull it off.

(side note.. still need either huge fuel pump or rising rate fuel system).

Dyno chart:
http://srt400.com/mediac/400_0/media/DIR_13232/srt4dyno400whp.jpg

AF/Boost:
http://srt400.com/mediac/400_0/media/DIR_13232/afboostsrt4dyno400whp.jpg

I probably could have spent more time on dyno and tweaked a/f a little better.. turned boost up a little more.. and made more power.. But after many 360-400whp pulls.. I figured I would leave it alone.

Laters!
Jason.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Congrats. Why is the stock ECU better than the Stage 1 ECU?

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stock ECU supposedly is better for bigger turbo applications.. better timing/fuel curves... I swapped basd on what others had recommended... including AGP.

Worked out well. :)

Laters!
Jason.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah. Dynolab in Marietta, GA. :)

Same place Scott(Maxxfab) dyno's.

*btw Scott, next time you dyno>> Remind Arthur to use the coilpack signal for tach signal... works much better. ;)

Laters!
Jason.

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
congratz dlaser!

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
SDSrt-4 said:
Congrats. Why is the stock ECU better than the Stage 1 ECU?
Stage 0 pulls the least amount of timing. Some people get Stage 1 so there will not be any codes. Some people that are using Stage 0 have not gotten any codes, though. Stage 2 has the higher rev limit and pulls even more timing than Stage 1. Correct me if I'm wrong. That's just what I have heard.
for bigger turbo's: Stage 0>1>2 (disreguarding codes)

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
next time i dyno, i'm bringing the stock ECU and doing a before and after. i have a feeling i'll get better results too, as i'm stuck at about 350-360 right now.

DLASER, why the change in EBC's what's the difference b/w the two???

·
Registered
59 Posts
Sweet numbers....congrats!

I noticed the torque starts to spike after 3800 rpm, is that because you used the stock ECU? If you used the Stage 1 ECU, what did the numbers look like?

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
srtboy: I changed EBC's due to having issues adjusting the PBII to the desired boost levels... It would surge and hesitate... regardless of how I set the set gain/boost..etc..

Just basically pissed me off.. so I traded it for the Profec A> Simple adjustment up or down now. :)

I did trigger a P1188 code once on the dyno... I believe as long as the SAFC is tuned negative.. the map sensor doesn't see the full "boost" load...So it won't have problems...

Where I was running into problems is at top end.. where SAFC is nearly zero'd out... the map sensor at that point is seeing the full boost.. and gets unhappy. But the last dyno pull(above) and the way home I didn't have the CE light come on again.

The A/F ratio is posted in original post above... see link. :)

Laters!
Jason.

·
Registered
605 Posts
stock clutch....

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
cool, i took my map clamp off and have boosted 20-22 psi many times and haven't hit any codes either. the safcII is a MAP clamp! feels stronger too, but that changes everything now, gotta dyno again!

you can do the EDTIP mod for that other code 1188.

·
Registered
5,564 Posts
congrats man.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts