Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my Devils own kit with Snow controller installed. Its been sitting for sometime half installed due to snow and ice. I have to say I was very surprised with the result but it is going to need some tuning. I am using straight water right now with 95 octane. HOM with S3 did not hold but it stayed till almost 5500 rpm where as before it would kick out at around 4500. Strange but it almost feels like turbo lag from 0-10 psi. once the water hits at 10 psi the motor just screams and the tach races to redline pretty darn quick! I wasn’t expecting so much for some reason :lol:

But anyway, Right now the controller is set to spray at 5 psi but it doesn’t start spraying till closer to 10 psi. Of all the stupid things I cant find any vac hose over here!! So I had to use an extra chunk I had laying around. It was short so I had to tee into the red line that goes to UPP. What is this line for? Is it an OK source for now? When my Vac lines get here I will be using the same source as the S3 FPR.

When it comes to quenching knock, will more injection work better or less injection? Currently I have full on set to 25 psi.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,760 Posts
I'm set at 3 on and full at 12 i think, it feels a little slower in the beginning but faster in the top end, i think i'm going to have it start a little later...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
541 Posts
I have on at 3-4psi and full at 12 psi. I use snow performance boost juice as of late, it's 49% Meth/51% Water. Pump is set at approx 150 psi (six clockwise turns on the screw) and I hold HOM with S3 on 93 oct gas.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,003 Posts
Guys why would you have youe WI come on so early (3 or 4 psi)? i think it would be better if you had it come on around 8 or 9 IMO. I been running WI for more then a year now and i always had it come on at 9 psi above 3300 RPM.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
541 Posts
mo'sSRT4 said:
Guys why would you have youe WI come on so early (3 or 4 psi)? i think it would be better if you had it come on around 8 or 9 IMO. I been running WI for more then a year now and i always had it come on at 9 psi above 3300 RPM.
Is that on a progressive controller? Mine starts to spray at 4 psi and progressively ramps up to full spray at 12psi. I've played with a lot of different settings but this is what works for me to hold HOM right now. The on and full on points can differ from car to car and for different conditions
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,668 Posts
SlickSRT4 said:
Is that on a progressive controller? Mine starts to spray at 4 psi and progressively ramps up to full spray at 12psi. I've played with a lot of different settings but this is what works for me to hold HOM right now. The on and full on points can differ from car to car and for different conditions
indeed. With my D/O controller i start at 3-4psi and full on at 13psi.. seems to like it the best. :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,766 Posts
mo'sSRT4 said:
Guys why would you have youe WI come on so early (3 or 4 psi)? i think it would be better if you had it come on around 8 or 9 IMO. I been running WI for more then a year now and i always had it come on at 9 psi above 3300 RPM.
I agree. I wouldnt want mine to come on so early as you see 3-4 psi all the time and you dont wait it dribbling in there all the time.

I have mine at 9psi and 16psi. WIth S3 I would do 9-10psi and 18psi or so.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
541 Posts
moltenice said:
I agree. I wouldnt want mine to come on so early as you see 3-4 psi all the time and you dont wait it dribbling in there all the time.

I have mine at 9psi and 16psi. WIth S3 I would do 9-10psi and 18psi or so.
I just mounted a switch on the power line to the controller so It doesn't come on all the time. When I want to get on it I just flip the switch and hit the HOM button :ninja:
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top