Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok ive decided im gettin the avic N1, love the unit, but i went to radioactive * audio place around here * and they said the TV tuner wasnt worth sh*t.. any of em and it was a waist of money, they didnt have one i could view so any sugestions on that?
2nd Q :: sence all im using it for is a DVD + GPS nav, are there any beter ones than that such as an alpine unit forinstance, *big alpine fan * pioneer is a great company too and ive herd nothing but great things from this unit and being touchscreen, and all everyone seems to love it so just tryin to get some feedback on what i should do, ill have 1500$ in a 2weeks to spend on it so anyone LMK thx

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
I work at a stereo sho here in town, i have the Pioneer in-dash 7500DVD unit which is similar to the Avic, i have a built in TV tuner w/ my unit, i have watched local tv while driving down the road, granted its not crystal clear like your cable in the house, but its more like the bunny ears i had it in my car for a few weeks, i just didnt like the antennas everywhere, but to each his own, i say go for it

·
Registered
236 Posts
most tv tuners aint worth shit. some of the better ones will get you reception like reds.dont worry, in the future they will have the direct tv antennas the same size as the sat. radio ones. current ones look like a big-ass turtle. just think about it, sat. tv in your car(given it will cost like $100 a month).

for nav. the avic is up there with the other high-end units.
i say go for the avic w/o the tv tuner. get the voice rec. instead(only like $60)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts