Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying for a week now to locate 3 different noises. Everyone is familiar with the clutch rattle but I can hear the exhaust( I think)hitting on something as well between shifts, anyone else experience this?

Secondly, Everytime I hit a bump it sounds as if something in the trunk is loose and rattles, checked everything but no luck.

Thirdly, I have this really annoying squeak. Everytime I let off the gas and give it gas (a light jerk) I hear this squeak. It sounds like it is coming from the cabin but is in complete harmony with the jerking of the engine. So I'm wondering if it is coming from the engine bay somewhere?

Has anyone had these issues and if so, were they solved? Any input is appreciated.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hemidakota said:
Placing the stock mounts on reverse (top one) could initate a squeak under tq load.
Checked it. It's on correctly. Thanks for your input though.

CSX321 said:
On the noise from the trunk when going over bumps, search for "upper strut mount clunk". It could be that. There's a thread somewhere with a couple of ways to solve it.

Edit...here it is:
http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45087&page=2&pp=20
Thank you I will check it as soon as I get back home.

·
Registered
6,282 Posts
Thirdly, I have this really annoying squeak. Everytime I let off the gas and give it gas (a light jerk) I hear this squeak. It sounds like it is coming from the cabin but is in complete harmony with the jerking of the engine. So I'm wondering if it is coming from the engine bay somewhere?
I think I have the same squeek. But mine is from a stop usually. I just got some new dogbone motor mounts, I'll let you know if that fixes my issue.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hemidakota said:
If it is from stopping then check your pads and rotors for glazing.
I don't know how to explain the squeak. It's definetly not a brake squeak. It squeaks when I release the clutch and the tranny engages and rocks the engine (I hope that makes sense).

·
Registered
985 Posts
On the bumper rattle; if it's not the strut mount, check the bumper cover and the black styrofoam inside it. That was may culprit. The exhaust might be rubbing near the wheel area, there' s a stamped out tunnel under the trunk that you should check out.

·
Registered
6,282 Posts
If it is from stopping then check your pads and rotors for glazing.
I checked them, they look find and I have plunty of pad left.

I don't know how to explain the squeak. It's definetly not a brake squeak. It squeaks when I release the clutch and the tranny engages and rocks the engine (I hope that makes sense).
Yeah, that sounds about what mine does.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.