Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First I'll start by listing some of my mods for you to understand better.

04 SRT, stock pcm
AGP 50 trim turbo kit
AGP 3" CAI
Spearco IC
RC 750 injectors
Walbro pump
MSD tach driver
emanage
e-01
PLX Devices M-300 wideband,
also hooked up to the e-01 display

OK, I just got it running yesterday. I had no problem setting up the emanage for the bigger injectors and it starts and runs great. It idles good and the a/r hangs around 14-15, is this good??? If I rev it to 1500 rpm and hold it (while parked) the a/r is about the same. I never ran the wideband before this turbo kit and emanage/e-01 so I dont know if this is right or not. Should one only be concerend with WOT a/r, because other wise, it is always in the 14-15 range while at crusing speed.

Next, Ive worked my way up to 17psi after a couple hours of break-in driving, with all my maps at 0 on the e-manage.
At this psi level while doing a WOT run, the a/r is finally getting into the 12's @ WOT,
I know that I need to add fuel to run 17psi or higher, so......how should I go about doing this?
I know how to get into the maps and all that, but I dont know how to figure out where and how much to add in the plots??

Also, if I were to add fuel using the maps in order to run high boost, wouldnt it run rich as hell at the same rpm while using low boost mode?

I dont really like the idea of going out and running it lean (while data logging) to find out where to add fuel if you know what I mean.

Any help on this would be great!
Thanks,

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
i'll help by answering a few.
first off, are you using the injector harness of the e-manage? second, do you have a map sensor hooked up to the e-manage (via the e-01 or other means)?

if yes the ensure that you're using the greddy sensor (map sensor) to drive the additional injector map. you won't use the airflow map much (as far as i can tell, and if you do the car fights it eventually anyways). you're really concerned with the additional injector map. one way to tune would be to log afr, boost, and injector duty cycle. logging is done while in the display mode. press the down button to start and stop logging. so here's what you might do.

get out on the highway (or dyno for safety!) and make sure you're all clear. press the down button to record. make a run (keep an eye on that afr !!! dont wanna go lean). at the end of your run hit the record button again (down arrow to stop recording). find a parking lot. hold the dial in for 2 seconds to get into play mode. go through your graph and find the spots you want to modify (press the dial to play, again to pause, then scroll with it to exact locations). once a spot is found hit menu a few times to get to the e-manage option then go into the additional injector map. there should be two highlighted squares. one is your cursor, the other is the current position in the map. move your cursor to that position and make the necessary changes.

repeat

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do have the injector harness hooked up, and the pressure sensor harness is hooked to the e-01 for the emanage to use the e-01 3-bar sensor.
I have selected the greddy sensor in the car setup and in the injector map screen.
Now let me get this straight, if Im in pause mode looking at my data log, then switch to the injector map, it will only have one square highlighted and that will be where I left off in the pause mode? If so, I understand now. I didnt know that you could do it that way, because when I was in normal mode, and car running, the injector map highlights many squares with a blip of the throttle! :rofl:
It sure would be nice if the instruction manual explained this better!
I still dont really know what the load value in the left hand row means, the numbers dont match up with the greddy sensor voltage?
I also dont know what the numbers mean when you add to each square, I know it adds duty cycle/fuel, but how much?

Thanks for all the help NeonWaSp!!

·
Registered
567 Posts
The car will always run stoich (around 14.7 AFR) when not in WOT..

I also dont know what the numbers mean when you add to each square, I know it adds duty cycle/fuel, but how much?
Those are percentages in terms of injector duty cycle.. up to 100% injector duty cycle..

If the ECU injector duty cycle is at 60% and you put 20% in the field then

.60 + (.60 * .20) == .72 == 72% duty cycle

Much easier to tune the mofo in a dyno w/ a laptop :)

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
pm SY04SRT4 - he is the resident Emanage/EO1 guru on the west coast here. He's tuned/fixed 3 cars alredy.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ToFu said:
The car will always run stoich (around 14.7 AFR) when not in WOT..

Those are percentages in terms of injector duty cycle.. up to 100% injector duty cycle..

If the ECU injector duty cycle is at 60% and you put 20% in the field then

.60 + (.60 * .20) == .72 == 72% duty cycle

Much easier to tune the mofo in a dyno w/ a laptop :)
Im starting to find that out, its not that easy to tune this thing on my back roads recording pull after pull. Then flip the screens back and forth from displaying my data log to the injector map, in order to make my adjustments, block by block!

You say above that .20 as in 20% right? The instruction book says that also, but in the injector maps, it goes...... .5, 1.0, 1.5, 2.0 and so on. So does that mean that 2.0 is 20% ?? Or does it go up to 20 for 20%?? I'll have to go look right now I guess.

What Im also having a hard time figuring out is how much to add in order to bring my a/r down a certain amount?
Like....lets say that my a/r is 12.5 at a given spot in my data log, then I flip over to the injector map and one block is highlighted, how do I figure out how much to add in order to bring my a/r down to... lets say 11.5??? Thats what I need to figure out.
Instead of doing run after run, just to find out that adding 2.0 in some of the blocks didnt do squat!! :rofl:

Again, thanks for everyones help so far!

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
the left column is your boost level as represented by voltage from the sensor (airflow in).

Make a run and record the run using AFR, injector duty % and airflow in. You'll see quickly where you have to make changes.

Remember you can change multiple blocks by hitting shift while selecting blocks...

C

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SRT-4 Neon said:
the left column is your boost level as represented by voltage from the sensor (airflow in).

Make a run and record the run using AFR, injector duty % and airflow in. You'll see quickly where you have to make changes.

Remember you can change multiple blocks by hitting shift while selecting blocks...

C
OK, I have been recording my AFR, boost and rpm. Either way, no matter what data you record, if you pause it, then scroll to the point you want to make a change, then flip over to the injector map, the corosponding (sp) block will be flashing. This is how Ive been trying to make my adjustments. I just dont know how much to add, in order to give me x amount of drop in AFR??
Am I doing this wrong then? Should I be recording other data? I just dont see how that will help any better when I flip over to the injector map screen. I still won't know how much to add in order to drop my AFR a certain amount, will I?

Could someone with similar mods (stock 04 pcm, 750 injectors) give me a round about number they are adding in the injector map blocks at say.....20psi @ 5K rpm??? Is it around 2.0 or more like 20.0 - 30.0, I have no idea, Id be making 18 runs to find out! :rofl: :rofl:

·
Premium Member
9,774 Posts
BlueSRT404 said:
OK, I have been recording my AFR, boost and rpm. Either way, no matter what data you record, if you pause it, then scroll to the point you want to make a change, then flip over to the injector map, the corosponding (sp) block will be flashing. This is how Ive been trying to make my adjustments. I just dont know how much to add, in order to give me x amount of drop in AFR??
Am I doing this wrong then? Should I be recording other data? I just dont see how that will help any better when I flip over to the injector map screen. I still won't know how much to add in order to drop my AFR a certain amount, will I?

Could someone with similar mods (stock 04 pcm, 750 injectors) give me a round about number they are adding in the injector map blocks at say.....20psi @ 5K rpm??? Is it around 2.0 or more like 20.0 - 30.0, I have no idea, Id be making 18 runs to find out! :rofl: :rofl:
try adding 20.0 in the addt'l injector map if it's too rich back it off some...it's always safer being rich than lean to an extent.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
NIVO88T said:
try adding 20.0 in the addt'l injector map if it's too rich back it off some...it's always safer being rich than lean to an extent.
Isn't it a general rule also to make sure one doesn't go above 85% injector duty cycle? If it's still too lean, one should go bigger injectors right?

·
Premium Member
9,774 Posts
funks said:
Isn't it a general rule also to make sure one doesn't go above 85% injector duty cycle? If it's still too lean, one should go bigger injectors right?
look at his injector sizing....750cc/min.

58psi, 750cc/min injectors and an emanage, he should be no way near 85% duty cycle once tuned right. unless he mysteriously bought a GT40 turbo at 35+psi!

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
NIVO88T said:
Thanks, I never though of that. I guess if I run too rich, the worst that could happen is I foul out my plugs, right?
Im hoping to hear from Hades, he and I have same mod for mod on our cars. Maybe he can tell me a round about number he is pluging into the maps at certain points, just so I have an idea where to start.

Damn, I just remembered, he has Stage 2 and I have Stage 0, so that probably throws that idea out the window?? Thats the only thing he has thats different then mine.

Anyone else have my same pcm/injector/turbo combo with emanage?? :rofl:

·
Premium Member
9,774 Posts
BlueSRT404 said:
Thanks, I never though of that. I guess if I run too rich, the worst that could happen is I foul out my plugs, right?
Im hoping to hear from Hades, he and I have same mod for mod on our cars. Maybe he can tell me a round about number he is pluging into the maps at certain points, just so I have an idea where to start.

Damn, I just remembered, he has Stage 2 and I have Stage 0, so that probably throws that idea out the window?? Thats the only thing he has thats different then mine.

Anyone else have my same pcm/injector/turbo combo with emanage?? :rofl:
ok, so you have no return line?

so a static fuel pressure of 58psi is what you have?

What is your stock size injectors set at(emanage parameters)?

What boost are you running?

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
NIVO88T said:
ok, so you have no return line?

so a static fuel pressure of 58psi is what you have?

What is your stock size injectors set at(emanage parameters)?

What boost are you running?
Nope, no return line.

I guess my fuel pressure is 58psi, whouldnt it be whatever stock is? Or does the new pump change that?

My stock injector size were the 04' injectors, which I found out are 496-500cc or so @ 43psi, so....I plugged in 500cc and 750cc in the emanage parameters.

Right now, Im running 16psi in low boost mode which is no problem, AFR stays under 12 @ WOT. In high boost mode Im running 20psi with my AFR reaching into the high 12's, this is where Im trying to bring it down before I turn up the boost more. So far Ive made 3 runs, the first one was still at "0" on the maps(high 12's AFR), the second one I added some "1.0's", the third one I added some "2.0's" but so far my AFR is still in the same range.
Thats why I'd like to find out if there is a way to know how much to add in order to bring AFR's down a given amount?
With out making 100 runs down my back roads! :rofl:
Maybe I'll do like you said and just plug in some 20's and see what happens? Or is there a math problem to figure this out? :rofl:

·
Registered
111 Posts
BlueSRT404 said:
Nope, no return line.

I guess my fuel pressure is 58psi, whouldnt it be whatever stock is? Or does the new pump change that?

My stock injector size were the 04' injectors, which I found out are 496-500cc or so @ 43psi, so....I plugged in 500cc and 750cc in the emanage parameters.

Right now, Im running 16psi in low boost mode which is no problem, AFR stays under 12 @ WOT. In high boost mode Im running 20psi with my AFR reaching into the high 12's, this is where Im trying to bring it down before I turn up the boost more. So far Ive made 3 runs, the first one was still at "0" on the maps(high 12's AFR), the second one I added some "1.0's", the third one I added some "2.0's" but so far my AFR is still in the same range.
Thats why I'd like to find out if there is a way to know how much to add in order to bring AFR's down a given amount?
With out making 100 runs down my back roads! :rofl:
Maybe I'll do like you said and just plug in some 20's and see what happens? Or is there a math problem to figure this out? :rofl:
Hey whats up this is Chuck...change your paramaters dude your to low...thats the quick fix .....go to 517 cc and 750cc then add 20's from about 3800 to 5200 rpm you should be definately in eleven heaven ......if too rich just back parameter down a little like 512cc and 750 cc .....got to get you going so you can get over to hooters this wednsday

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
BlueSRT404 said:
Yep, that's right - in the injector correction.. Should be 500cc (stock S1 @ 43.5 psi) and 750cc (if you have the 750cc/min RC injectors)

BlueSRT404 said:
You are adding way too little.. You are only adding 1 == 1% then

eq.

.60 + (.60 * .01) = .606

So if your injector duty cycle was 60%, your correction made it 60.6% which won't do anything.

In regards to max you should push an injector, the max should be around 85% duty cycle..

So keep your values within said upper limit..

eq.

If current injector duty cycle at said cell == 60 percent, then you find x (which is max percentage you should increase it) by

.60 + (.60 * X ) = .85

.60 + .60X = .85

.60X = .25

X = .41 (== 41% == or 41)

Basically in the example above, you stay within 1% -> 41%.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
tao10 said:
Hey whats up this is Chuck...change your paramaters dude your to low...thats the quick fix .....go to 517 cc and 750cc then add 20's from about 3800 to 5200 rpm you should be definately in eleven heaven ......if too rich just back parameter down a little like 512cc and 750 cc .....got to get you going so you can get over to hooters this wednsday

My parameters are fine, and actually they are still too high (I think) because everywhere but WOT, the car runs rich! My tail pipes are BLACK! They never ever used to get that black before. That and my gas gauge drops like a rock, Im talking using up more then a 1/2 tank in 50 miles or so! :rofl:
So....Ive actually changed my parameters to 500cc and 760cc which helped a little. Even with it there, @ WOT all the way up to 14psi it never gets out of the 10 AFR range! Only after 14psi it starts to rise into the low 11's, then when I get to about 16.5psi, it makes it to the high 11's. This is with all my maps at "0"
So should I be trying to get it to run 11's though out the whole range during WOT, or should I just leave it?

Anything over 16.5psi it starts to get into the 12's with high 12's @ 19psi so Ive been leaving it at 16.5psi because my adding little 1.0's and 2.0's wasnt doing squat, and now I know why!

I was also wondering if anyone knows where I should start clamping my map, psi or voltage wise with the 04' stage 0? I have my TIP mod done, so I never get over boost codes, but does the 04' stage 0 pcm pull timing or fuel after a certain map voltage/psi?

I figured out that the Boost Limiter Cut feature is how to clamp the MAP, but I just wonder if I need to and at what voltage?

Thanks again to all, youve been a great help :thumbsup:

·
Registered
111 Posts
you mean your not clamped at all? no wonder ..... go to 4.4 volts

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
This thread is great. I have the exact same mods. I am just waiting to get my turbo kit and then put everything on. Are you also running the stock exhaust I am guessing? I will be doing that too. Is tuning on an 04 stage 0 pcm different than tuning on an 03 stage 0 pcm. Would setting the emanage different for the 03 stock injectors be the only difference?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts