Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i was thinking earlier that we should go out for darknights as a group this year, i went last year and there were only 2 SRT4's in the whole show, and one was stock. i was very dissapointed. so i was thinking why not get together as a group and enter it?

i was talkin to brooklyn and he thought it was a good idea except for the cop angle, since york cops are kinda assholes...but let me know whatever one thinks? its 3 days, usually the begining of july, would be good to show up some hondas

jay :clap:

·
Registered
924 Posts
as far as i know....... darknights is not happening this year. Either speedorama or performance world bought their spot for a second show. But it is still at the same venue and time supposedly.

Brooklyn is right though... unless you plan on getting your car flat bedded outta there, you will get nailed all kinds going and leaving the show. The cops always have checks set up on every road to markham fair grounds, and if you make a u-turn they WILL pursue you ( i know form experience lol )

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
damn i hadn't heard that, but yea i know all about the cops, i had one dick last year try and tell me what was illegal about the mods on my car....the point of that was my car was bone stock...dicks....any other car shows we could enter? i just like the idea of havin a good show from the best car on the compact scene...haha

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
The not so stock one was me... :hi: the other 2 that were there were pretty much stock though. I was hoping some other owners would have shown up.
Word has it Darknights is moving to a new location this year, hopefully with less police presence or at least fair police presence anyway. If it weren't for the yorkies being such dicks last year they'd probly still have it at the fairgrounds. From what I've heard though the new local is bigger anyway and should be great show. Guess we'll have to wiat and see.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
was yours the blue one? with the carbon front lip? yea i had mine there but it was in the parking lot, i hope its somewhere else, i hate york cops... but i love darknights, haven't missed it yet.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
yes darknights is cancelled, but there is a show called "markham in motion" (weak name) but still same venue and the weekend after dkn was supposed to be there. So there is still a large car show going down at markham fairgrounds, and I will be showing in it, hopefully see more people there!

maybe we can get a little section for ourselves!

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
i live in markham...there are many ways to get around the york region police stake outs....

i might go to check it out but not in the SRT...

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
yeah that was mine with the lip....I definietly want to go to another outdoor show this year, its a lot of fun

1 - 11 of 11 Posts