Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Just wanted to find out what has been the fastest S2 with computer controlled boost. Have they got into the low 12's? I want to go the mopar route, and don't want to fuss with tuning, map clamps, etc. How fast is possible?

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone? let me know what your S2 1/4 mile times are, with the PCM controlling boost.

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
Stage 2, with exhaust and DR's will get you into about 13.2's or thereabout.

Slicks faster.

Low 12's isn't going to happen with stock pcm controlled s2 without nitrous.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I meant with toys, Slicks, tb, fmic, exhaust...and any other mod that helps power.

·
Registered
835 Posts
well, i have all that are in my sig, stage 1 that is and i have ran a 13.1 at 109mph on street tires. if i get some slicks i can have a nice 12 just on my setup. i think with stage 2 w/toys, exhuast, fmic and slicks i can see a nice low 12....but i could be wrong bec i have been told in the past stage 2 isnt really worth it..

·
Registered
257 Posts
I run stg 1 ebc a wga right now and just ordered my stg 2 w/toys . I think stg2 w/out is not worth it but stg 2 w/ toys =dial a boost and hom = hold on

selling all other parts.

·
Registered
835 Posts
yeah i can see with hom it would be really worth it. i honestly would save my money and just keep stage 1, order a 50trim, 780cc injectors, walbro fuel pump, afc, mapclamp....now there is a good setup and it will prob run you about 2500. i know it is more then stage 2 but trust me that is a shitload of power. or go the route i am going i am getting the gt40 with the same fuel upgrade i have above. that is gonna be sick

·
Registered
835 Posts
yeah, then mopar would be the way....lol. let me know how it all goes

·
Registered
67 Posts
I've seen stage 1 srt's in the low 12's so stage 2 isn't going to be a problem (as in witnessed them at the strip). There's a LOT you can do to your SRT besides the same "cookie-cutter" mods everyone throws on their slingshots. Not saying the standard mods aren't good - but there's a LOT more out there. My finished setup should yield me mid to high 12's on drag radials. I'm still debating a stage kit - pretty much every part in the stage 2 is gonna be replaced by other mods, so i really don't want to bother. The most important thing is getting the car tuned when it is all said and done. Another overlooked component is suspension. Most weekend tuners think no suspension mods or just a spring lowering kit is good enough. The stock suspension needs to go in the trash. Clutch and flywheel are important as well, differential, etc. All in all... it really comes down to how much $$ you want to spend to get there.

You can get there cheap, but your reliability will be sub-par and will most likely break stuff all the time. You can get there with a lot of $$ and you can beat the snot out of it without worries. It's all up to you.

·
Registered
835 Posts
yeah i can understand the whole suspension thing but you doo need the power too get you a good time in the track...put it this way, stage 1, agp w/g, agp motor mounts, 3'tbe w/street tires you are gonna see low 13's all day...and total cost off all mods are easily under 1000$. throw in a map clamp, and some slicks hell u have a nice 12 second srt for around 1200$

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I want to stick to the no tuning, computer controlled boost route. No re routing vacume lines, map clamps, etc.

I think with slicks, HOM, Turbo back exhaust, Different WGA hooked to stock lines, FMIC, 60mm tb, motor mounts, coilovers, mid 12's would be realistic.

·
Registered
835 Posts
ohh yeah, mid 12's def

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So, has anyone actually done this?

·
Registered
12,239 Posts
i THINK 12.47 if im not mistaken was the best i have seen/heard of. Really getting much lower than that "low12's" you just about have to tune i cant see any other way to it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts