Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK , so it's just a teaser of the upcoming event :hi: For the past 3 years , I've used what I consider to be EASILY the best ultra performance street tire available on my SRT-4 ..... But finally willing to try something new , these babies just arrived .....

They will be mouted up within the next week , and after a few weeks of proper break in , I will be doing a VERY complete comparison review of these new tires ...... Will they hold a candle to the INSANELY sticky RT-615 ???? You'll have to tune back in to see :cow:

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
^X2,

but I would still like to hear your review since I'm in the market for new tires & I was looking at the falkens

·
Administrator
39,433 Posts
bpsrt4 said:
^X2,

but I would still like to hear your review since I'm in the market for new tires & I was looking at the falkens
1.11g in the corners with only a little work on the suspension. ;)

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
damn thats an impressive #, I've got coilovers already (sway bars in the process) but the wheels I bought have 225/40 18 all season tires mounted on them, so I should feel a HUGE improvement!!!

·
Administrator
39,433 Posts
g-tech pro rr. I have 5 runs recorded from the autocross on sunday and each run had a peak of at least 1.10, with some sustained cornering loads of 1.0g and higher for over 2s, so it's not like it's just some huge initial spike and then trails off. Both left and right turns showed a 1.1g peak, with those sustained loads of at least 1.0g.

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
stowaway said:
g-tech pro rr. I have 5 runs recorded from the autocross on sunday and each run had a peak of at least 1.10, with some sustained cornering loads of 1.0g and higher for over 2s, so it's not like it's just some huge initial spike and then trails off. Both left and right turns showed a 1.1g peak, with those sustained loads of at least 1.0g.
I see. Impressive numbers, even from a g-tech. Whats your setup?

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
I love my RE-01R's, i think there the best tire you can get for the money. im glad they starting selling them in the US, theyre real big in Japan road racing and drifting...

·
Administrator
39,433 Posts
all I have is mopar stage 3 coilovers on the stop rings (ran on full soft actually) and cheapy sways. all stock bushings with 43k hard miles on it. 225/45-17 RT-615s were at 43psi hot in the front, 35psi in the rear. -1° camber all around. Tires weren't rolling over and this is the exact setup I daily drive every day. I think the RE-01r would have a higher grip number by a few hundredths, but on a course with more transitions than sweepers, the RT-615 would produce a faster time. In fact, I was a few thents faster around the course than a very well set up with a very good driver SE-R running the same size RE-01r. I'm a little out of practice on the course so my time could have been about a second faster than my best clean run.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Uhm ... guys , you misunderstood my original post. I'm not into course racing , and am not doing a comparison for auto-x purposes ...
My original post states best " street " tire ....
I'll be comparing handling , ride noise , ride comfort , wet and dry traction , responsiveness , ect , ect ..... But for use on the street , and not on the track. I'm fairly sure the RT-615 would out-perform the RE-01 in every way on the track ....

·
Administrator
39,433 Posts
SRT4R said:
You beat a SE-R with your RT-615... Wow that's impressive! :rofl:
power means jack crap on most autocross courses with street tires. in fact, the course setup and conditions didn't allow me to go WOT for more than a few seconds over the course of a 56s lap. and damn near everyone would say an SE-R is a better handling car than an SRT-4. So yeah, I am happy I was able to get a slightly better time than a car that starts out with better handling, had more done to it to make it handle better, and had a damn good driver in it.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
cp980fps said:
Uhm ... guys , you misunderstood my original post. I'm not into course racing , and am not doing a comparison for auto-x purposes ...
I'll be comparing handling , ride noise , ride comfort , wet and dry traction , responsiveness , ect , ect ..... But for use on the street , and not on the track. I'm fairly sure the RT-615 would out-perform the RE-01 in every way on the track ....

The RT-615 will beat them for the first 3-4 laps, after that the RE01-R crush them hands down... :readclose

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
SRT4R said:
cp980fps said:

The RT-615 will beat them for the first 3-4 laps, after that the RE01-R crush them hands down... :readclose
I disagree.

In fact your statement makes no sense at all. I'm assuming you're taking heatup as a factor for the RT615's performance degradation? Even on the magazine comparos the RT615s only ever factors a tenth to maybe two tenths slower in a lap. I mean unless we all endurance race I fail to see your point.

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
stowaway said:
all I have is mopar stage 3 coilovers on the stop rings (ran on full soft actually) and cheapy sways. all stock bushings with 43k hard miles on it. 225/45-17 RT-615s were at 43psi hot in the front, 35psi in the rear. -1? camber all around. Tires weren't rolling over and this is the exact setup I daily drive every day. I think the RE-01r would have a higher grip number by a few hundredths, but on a course with more transitions than sweepers, the RT-615 would produce a faster time. In fact, I was a few thents faster around the course than a very well set up with a very good driver SE-R running the same size RE-01r. I'm a little out of practice on the course so my time could have been about a second faster than my best clean run.
Thats good to know. I just got my stage 3's on a month ago. Tis a shame I'm runnin 205 Ecsta SPTs though.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
fusion said:
SRT4R said:
cp980fps said:

I disagree.

In fact your statement makes no sense at all. I'm assuming you're taking heatup as a factor for the RT615's performance degradation? Even on the magazine comparos the RT615s only ever factors a tenth to maybe two tenths slower in a lap. I mean unless we all endurance race I fail to see your point.

You tell exactly what's happen... After 5 laps the RT-615 fail a part on a 20 laps race! Like you say, they don't like the heat too much... :jester: Good for Drag Race and Time Attack, but no more than that! :readclose

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
SRT4R said:
fusion said:
SRT4R said:
cp980fps said:

I disagree.

You tell exactly what's happen... After 5 laps the RT-615 fail a part on a 20 laps race! Like you say, they don't like the heat too much... :jester: Good for Drag Race and Time Attack, but no more than that! :readclose
Your information is VERY fukked up bro .... You seriously should do some research before you post pure BS like that. EVERYONE knows the RT-615 is the tire to beat , and has NO major weaknesses. Stop taking acid :readclose

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
cp980fps said:
SRT4R said:
fusion said:
SRT4R said:
cp980fps said:

I disagree.

Your information is VERY fukked up bro .... You seriously should do some research before you post pure BS like that. EVERYONE knows the RT-615 is the tire to beat , and has NO major weaknesses. Stop taking acid :readclose

Why you buy the RE01-R bro, if you think the RT-615 is better...? :rofl:

1 - 20 of 73 Posts