Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm sure some, if not all of you guys that have access to the FS section have seen my car listed for sale. It has 82,200 miles on it, its a used car so the body isn't showroom but its got normal wear. The only known issue is that 2 of the the stupid sway bar bracket bolts broke during the PT front sway install :flame:. I will try to get it fixed before selling but I have barely any time to work on it and/or take it somewhere.

I know traffic on this website has slowed down a lot and I think it'll be hard to find a buyer here so I'm going to be putting it on craigslist in a few weeks. I had it on craigslist before the summer started and the amount of people wasting my time annoyed me considerably. I figured I'd enjoy the car one more summer before selling it. I also plan on taking better pictures to replace the ones on my for sale thread.

FYI the 'mods are'

Installed Mods:
Stage 1 relfash
No name exhaust
Mopar Cold Air Intake
ACR rear sway
PT front sway
HKS Turbo Timer
RB1 NAV

Stock and aftermarket Parts included but not installed:
Stock sway bars
Stock Radio
Stock wastegate * (came with car but had AGP installed at the time)
Dogbone Mounts
Two gauge pillar mount
Hard IC Upper pipe

The car fax is clean, title is clean, so do you guys think my asking price of 8k is reasonable? I've seen them go from 6k-11k on my local craigslist.

Thank in advance guys

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
8k seems okay.. i'd expect it to sell for 7

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for responding so quickly. I would be okay with something between 7-8. I can ask 8kobo. I'm terrified of craigslist after my previous experiences.

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
Do you want me to be honest? I'll be honest.

It doesn't matter what Craigslist has listed.

Lots of folks overpaid / are into their car for too much, and think it's the buyers responsibility to take on all debt related to the car.

Lots of folks value the car far above and beyond what they're worth.

A good place to start is Black Book value. I punched in your details and a NY zip, and got $2,510 - $4,065. Yes, that's depressing.

The next thing you need to do is find out actual transaction prices. Not what the cars list for, but what they actually trade hands for. My third car, in Dec 2014 was listed for $6800 or thereabouts. Final transaction price, taxes and fees in was $4999.99. Car was stock and fairly unmolested.

A friend of mine recently bought one listed at $6k. $4.5k is what he paid IIRC.

Keep in mind these prices I'm talking are all Canadian. And our dollar sucks.

Sure, someone might come along and buy the car for $8k, but the likely scenarios is that you might be listing it for a very, very long time.

My recommendation to anyone with an SRT-4 right now, today, is that unless you kept it in climate-controlled storage with regular fluid changes etc... expect to sell for and be able to buy around black book prices.

I'd also recommend, if you have the stock parts, pull off all the aftermarket gear and sell it separately. If you're looking to sell at a premium, a stock car is where the $$ is at right now.

Good luck with your sale. Sorry for bursting any bubbles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts