Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yeah just failed inspection b/c of eyelids, anyone else have this problem?? or can someone tell me where i can get by with it on Long Island
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,191 Posts
damn what kind of inspection is this???
I thought california was bad........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
174 Posts
Are your Eye Lids DOT approved? Nope=Fails. Chrysler has to conform to DOT rules when designing headlights to meet a standard. Eyelids violate that standard. You also run the risk of getting no insurance coverage if your in an accident at night and the other driver claims he did not see you. Oh look, no DOT approved mods=no coverage.
Take off anything that impacts safety before inspections.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
906 Posts
hmmm

only 1/3 of light covered... Turn signal's fully visable. PIAA superwhite bulbs....Still damm ass bright lights on my car. Get Highbeamed even now with lows on with eyelids. Hell, Dealer has eyelids on his SRT. Don't think anyone will have any issues seeing me comming. Maybe someone might missjudge my speed comming down road though. :wah?!: :deadcow: But I usually drive defensively and conservative.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so NY is now setting up cameras up in all of the inspection shops from what i heard, so i was told that were going to need front plates, and no eyelids, well at least now im safe for another year, then ill have to worry about my exhaust...haha
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,656 Posts
yo zues i got a spot for you hollah they did mine and i have eyelids plus it doesnt hurt that i know
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
zeus442 said:
yeah just failed inspection b/c of eyelids, anyone else have this problem?? or can someone tell me where i can get by with it on Long Island
I wondered about that myself, things like that arent exactly legal here in Pa.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
906 Posts
adam1371 said:
I wondered about that myself, things like that arent exactly legal here in Pa.
Haven't had any cops say anything to me yet...going to ask dealer what he thinks. Sucks if I have to take them off and put on again. Will be pissed :flame: Dealer has them too on his SRT.. I'll just have to make sure he takes his off too to pass inspection. :lol: Our inspections expire around the same time :frogtongu
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,079 Posts
dam when i bought my car i dont have to go to inspection for 4 years. hahahaha, if you dont mind paying go to a private inspection station
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
GOTNEON said:
Haven't had any cops say anything to me yet...going to ask dealer what he thinks. Sucks if I have to take them off and put on again. Will be pissed :flame: Dealer has them too on his SRT.. I'll just have to make sure he takes his off too to pass inspection. :lol: Our inspections expire around the same time :frogtongu
It will probably depend on who is doing the inspection, and how picky they are. Every place is different, most just worry about the important things, brakes, tires, suspention. Others want to nit pic it apart, assholes! A lot of the items in the state inspection are subject to interpritation. But even with an easy inspection that doesnt meen a cop wont pull you over for them. My father had Ram head tail light covers on the back of his 99 2500 cummins extended cab pick up, untill a cop gave him a nice fine for them. The covers were on the truck when he bought it. Go figure.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top